“Gluten free and AMAZING!”
Review of Pizza Pasta Pit

Pizza Pasta Pit
Ranked #13 of 100 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Pizza Pasta Pit is a casual family-style Italian restaurant. Our menu has something for everyone: wood fired brick oven pizza, made-from-scratch pasta dishes, amazing subs and sandwiches, a fresh salad bar, and much more. We have 11 beers on tap, as well as a great wine selection. We pride ourselves on our extensive gluten-free menu, which never fails to delight our gluten-free guests.
Nederland, Texas
“Gluten free and AMAZING!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

So thrilled to find gluten free pizza and owners that care about food safety. It is rare to find a restaurant that goes to great lengths to ensure that diners are getting what they pay for, the owners of this restaurant came to my table to talk to me about the gluten free pizza and explain how it was made. They even told me how dedicated they are to ensuring that cross contamination does not happen. I was very impressed with their knowledge about gluten free food and was even more impressed with the quality of the gluten free pizza that I ordered, it was amazing in fact it was the best gluten free pizza that I have had outside of New York City. The sauce on the pizza was extremely flavorful and the cheese mixture and toppings were perfect. I did not try the gluten free pasta but I have heard very good things about it as well. Do add this restaurant to your list to visit as even if you are not a celiac, I understand that the pizza is the absolute best in the area.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank 409traveler00

Roanoke, Virginia
“Best fire-cooked pizza in Roanoke Valley”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Actually, I am not sure that anyone else in Roanoke Valley cooks their pizzas like Pizza Pasta Pit. Calzones are huge - enough for another meal. They use fresh mozzarella. Serveres are attentive but not overwhelming.

Visited November 2012
Saugerties, New York
“Not a Pitt”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Enjoyed a local brew and good pizza. Don't be put off by the outside, and definitely try the porch - even in February.

Visited February 2013
Clifton Forge, Virginia
“Pretty nice”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The pizza was pretty good, and I loved the lunch special of 5 bucks for a 10" pizza. The steak sandwich we got was very good. Now it needs to be easier to get to..

• Visited February 2013
Bassett, Virginia
“Hopefully the pizza is better than their entrees!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

After watching a movie, we decided to eat Italian and stopped at this establishment. By the number of vehicles in the parking lot, we assumed the food was decent. My wife ordered Linguini Primavera and I ordered Linguini Seafood Special. Both entrees were terrible. My wife's entree looked like soup with linguini and hard carrots of which she could not stomach to eat and my entree was linguini covered with pizza sauce, sparsely contained small shrimp and crab pieces. The breadsticks that was part of the meal was brought to the table cold. We were never asked for a refill on our ice tea. The waitress actually told us that the pizza was better than what we ordered. An absolute disappointment. We lived in Italy and know good Italian food. This definitely is one place I would not recommend or ever return to. A loss of hard earned cash.

• Visited January 2013

Been to Pizza Pasta Pit? Share your experiences!