“Nice and close to home”
Review of Pizza Pasta Pit

Pizza Pasta Pit
Ranked #19 of 105 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Pizza Pasta Pit is a casual family-style Italian restaurant. Our menu has something for everyone: wood fired brick oven pizza, made-from-scratch pasta dishes, amazing subs and sandwiches, a fresh salad bar, and much more. We have 11 beers on tap, as well as a great wine selection. We pride ourselves on our extensive gluten-free menu, which never fails to delight our gluten-free guests.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

It is a nice simple place to go for a pizza that is close to home. I much prefer it to the other chains and Humble Pie(nearby pizza place). Also prefer to support local owned places like this one. The owner is kind and always give my daughter a bread stick while we wait, which is very kind. We usually get the rustica pizza which I think is pretty good. Slow service has not been an issue for us but we are usually there early and sit on the patio where most of the servers hang out. They always have beer when I have been there, nothing exotic but a Blue Moon or Dos Equis on tap. Always had a nice time while visiting Pizza Pasta Pit!

There are newer reviews for Pizza Pasta Pit

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Sitting in the plastic covered tent we were told they were out of most beer, were told to take our time and then hurried out and the food besides the garlic cheese bread was on par with a frozen pizza. A dissapointment.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

When visiting a new place, I rely on the reviews from fellow contributors so I was somewhat leery of visiting this restaurant. However, we were pleasantly surprised. We were greeted at the door, seated right away and the server came to the table immediately to take our drink orders. Said she would give us a couple of minutes to peruse the menu and would be back to take our orders which she did. We all ordered pizza which was pretty good. Drinks refilled promptly. My wife had the salad bar and said for a small bar, it had a lot of good fresh items on it. Would definitely visit again.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Being an Asian alone in a unfamiliar country. The last thing you will want is to eating alone. I read about this place during my 1 month stay and the recomendations.. Gave it a try.. And I Am Glad I Did. The food is good i have to say. The mix and match pizza is my ('"v'") as i could basically add in what ever i wanted. Once again, Services played the most important part. the owner is really nice and friendly with the waitress coming over to see if you need anything do makes the difference. Reasonable price ( except that the portion was too huge for me to eat alone).

The only negative: The parking lots... too limited parking lots... unless you want to try illegal parking using the bank's parking lots or outside long john silver. ( I faced this issue 2 out of 3 times when i went there.. 1 of the time I gave up and went into long john silver instead)

Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

My family of 5 went there recently now that they have opened up again and we were happy with the pizza but not with the prices.

Been to Pizza Pasta Pit? Share your experiences!