“Not many smiles or exceptional pizza here.”
Review of Pizza Pasta Pit

Pizza Pasta Pit
Ranked #15 of 109 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Pizza Pasta Pit is a casual family-style Italian restaurant. Our menu has something for everyone: wood fired brick oven pizza, made-from-scratch pasta dishes, amazing subs and sandwiches, a fresh salad bar, and much more. We have 11 beers on tap, as well as a great wine selection. We pride ourselves on our extensive gluten-free menu, which never fails to delight our gluten-free guests.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Sitting in the plastic covered tent we were told they were out of most beer, were told to take our time and then hurried out and the food besides the garlic cheese bread was on par with a frozen pizza. A dissapointment.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

When visiting a new place, I rely on the reviews from fellow contributors so I was somewhat leery of visiting this restaurant. However, we were pleasantly surprised. We were greeted at the door, seated right away and the server came to the table immediately to take our drink orders. Said she would give us a couple of minutes to peruse the menu and would be back to take our orders which she did. We all ordered pizza which was pretty good. Drinks refilled promptly. My wife had the salad bar and said for a small bar, it had a lot of good fresh items on it. Would definitely visit again.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Being an Asian alone in a unfamiliar country. The last thing you will want is to eating alone. I read about this place during my 1 month stay and the recomendations.. Gave it a try.. And I Am Glad I Did. The food is good i have to say. The mix and match pizza is my ('"v'") as i could basically add in what ever i wanted. Once again, Services played the most important part. the owner is really nice and friendly with the waitress coming over to see if you need anything do makes the difference. Reasonable price ( except that the portion was too huge for me to eat alone).

The only negative: The parking lots... too limited parking lots... unless you want to try illegal parking using the bank's parking lots or outside long john silver. ( I faced this issue 2 out of 3 times when i went there.. 1 of the time I gave up and went into long john silver instead)

Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

My family of 5 went there recently now that they have opened up again and we were happy with the pizza but not with the prices.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

This is a family owned and operated business. We go there every Friday night for the very best brick oven pizza ever. In addition, our favorite turkey provolone sandwiches are one we get almost every time there. The owner and his wife are so nice and friendly. They always make sure everything is running smoothly and he always comes around to the table to ask how the meal is. That personal attention is something that you don't find at many places, especially their genuine friendliness and wish to make sure all is good with the food every time.

You can eat inside in the main restaurant or go out on the covered porch year round. When it is cold, they put down heavy plastic that is still see-through and it stays nice and toasty. For warm weather, it is great to be able to go outside under the roof and still have a nice outside atmosphere. Love it when it rains and is warm.

Can say that our food is consistently good and fresh each and every time we go there. They are the best and it is such a blessing to have them in our hometown. No matter where we go, we are eager to get back to the Pizza Pasta Pitt!