“It was ok...”

Mac and Bob's
Ranked #3 of 118 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opened in 1980 as a 10 stool pub and has grown into a 330 seat restaurant with outdoor dining, indoor and outdoor bars. Famous for huge, great-tasting calzones. Wide range of menu items including steaks, salads, burgers, seafood, sandwiches, and pasta dishes. Offering 40 craft beers on tap, featuring local Virginia beers.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

They have great reviews here, but honestly it wasn't my favorite place to eat in Salem. It was cute and quaint. They say they're 'home of the famous calzone', but I ate one and it's not the best I've ever had. The beer was warm. Service was great though.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 8, 2019

I have eaten here several times since moving to Salem and I have never been disappointed. Last time I went I was with my best friend and we couldn't decide what to eat because everything looked so good so we ordered the apple Gorgonzola salad, the Mac n Cheese, and an order of the Garlic Parmesan Wings and split everything. Of course everything was amazing.

Bob R, Owner at Mac and Bob's, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Thank you Becky for taking the time to write such a nice review. Welcome to Salem. We are glad you found us.

Reviewed March 2, 2019

My husband and I had dinner at Mac and Bobs for the first time tonight on our way home to CT from Florida.
The restaurant is very pleasant with several different sitting areas. The hostess greeted us quickly and was very friendly. She was busy getting a party of nine seated but still greeted us warmly and sat us quickly.
We had Lauren as our waitress and she was terrific. Very friendly and attentive. My husband had a cup of the creamy chicken with rice as did I which was delicious. He had the fish tacos and I had the wings, both were delicious also. The fish tacos had large pieces of fish with plenty of shredded cabbage and the portions were large.
Prices are reasonable.
We got there early as we had been on the road over 12 hours and wanted to eat and sleep!
I would recommend Mac and Bobs and we will be sure to visit again next on our way home!

Date of visit: March 2019
Bob R, Owner at Mac and Bob's, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2019

Thank you so much for such a nice review. I am glad you found us. Hope to see again when you travel through Salem.

Reviewed February 6, 2019

My wife and I dined here with a friend recently and we all enjoyed our meals. We ordered an appetizer of wings, which came with a house-made chunky blue cheese dip (I took the left-over dip home, there was so much). The wings were ample for the three of us and delicious. The burger was huge with lots of tasty fries. Great meal.

Date of visit: February 2019
Bob R, Owner at Mac and Bob's, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2019

Thank you for the very nice 5 star review. I really appreciate you taking the time to write it.

Reviewed February 6, 2019

The food was good and as ordered. The place was clean. The staff was friendly. However, the service was only ok. She seemed to disappear once or twice. Talking to local people this is the place for a nice casual meal.

Date of visit: February 2019

Thank you Jeremiah for the 4 star review. Hopefully next time you will get better service.

Been to Mac and Bob's? Share your experiences!