“Franks on Main Street”

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Franks on Main Street”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is one of the several restaurants in the area that are family owned Franks on Brambleton, Vinton, Salem, Williamson, Botetourt, and downtown Roanoke, and in every one they have the same recipe for delicious pizza, and a great atmosphere, the food is excellent, I had the Chicken Salad Salad, and it was to die for, I make this a stop when I'm around Salem

• Visited June 2013

“Average at best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I'm not from New York like the previous person, but I eat pizza every week and this is nothing special. It is greasy, it is limp and when the waitress brought my slices they were burned around the edges. There's not much flavor going on here either, at best this place is average.

• Visited April 2013
Hampton, Virginia
“I'm from NY I know good pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Granted I haven't had a real NY slice in a few years, that taste is ingrained in my mind. Franks has it. We lived in Vegas, England and now Hampton, VA and found this place through my husbands parents. They live in the area and always order from Franks. We make it a point to go there on every visit sometimes even calling from the highway. The only kerfuffle with the place is the person cutting the pie is geometrically challenged. Often there will be a slice thats really 2 in one and then an itty bitty baby slice.

• Visited December 2012
“Take your own mustard!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We've eaten here frequently and they have pretty good food at decent prices. But on our last visit, we ordered steak sandwiches with no lettuce or tomato and with mustard on the side. We were charged .50 EACH for the mustard. We have not been back; there are other good steak sandwiches around and none of the other restaurants charge extra for mustard!

• Visited June 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good pizza at a good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very good pizza with lots of cheese and pepperoni! Pretty good prices, too. It's in downtown Salem and convenient to get to and there is plenty of parking across the street.

Visited October 2012