“Casual Dining”

Macado's
Ranked #11 of 105 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Huge variety sit down sandwich / sub shop, regional chain.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Spent the night in Salem and the Macado was recommended by our motel. We were not disappointed.I ordered a "Broklyn Bridge" and it had more meat on it than I could eat. Erin was our service and she did a great job. We decided that this must be the favorite hangout for the local college students . We enjoyed our evening

Reviewed September 28, 2012

If you love wings with a lot of dips this is the place to go. They by far are the best wings I have tried so far! My daughter's favourite hang put! Good food. Gets noisy unless you eat outside.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My fave place! Drinks and food are top notch in a casual friendly atmosphere. The decor is great lots of vintage stuff and the always have some sport playing. Great for kids too

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Very crowded when we arrived but we were seated quickly, served quickly and very friendly staff although they were extremely busy. Food was excellent and a good value.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

There is just something about Macado's that doesn't fit our needs for a "dinner" meal. Usually when I go to a restaurant for dinner I expect dinner types of food. Macado's doesn't change their menu whether for lunch "or" dinner.

On our visit on this Friday evening in Salem, we walked into Macado's to a loud and very raucous party. It continued pretty much during our stay and the waitress, although noticing it, didn't take any measures to quiet it any. This was a bit disappointing and frankly, (I know it's a bar), was very distracting throughout our visit.

Not finding anything suitable for dinner on the menu, since things were primarily sandwiches, we just settled for sharing nachos and each having a drink. I found the nachos very tasty and plentiful. The Blue Moon beer I ordered was on special that night for the schooner, and warning, you'd better plan on drinking a VERY large beer if you order this!! But it was tasty and plentiful!

Been to Macado's? Share your experiences!