La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
$92
$99
Hampton.com
$94
All reviewsa pet friendly hotelallow petsno extra chargeburger kingtraveling with petsroom was cleanbreakfast areawafflesgas stationwould definitely stay here againwaffle makersausagestaff was very friendlynice breakfastfirst floorgreat place to staywe've stayed
Reviewed November 19, 2008

I travel for business, so I regularly stay at this hotel. It was actually a Baymont Inn before, so I'd been staying there every time I came to the area. When it changed to La Quinta, however, it went downhill in quality. This last visit was the worst, by far, because I woke up multiple times in the middle of the night to sounds of dogs barking....multiple dogs. They were right next door to me, and I could hear them all through the night. In the morning, I was grumpy and had not gotten any sleep. I told the lady at the front desk that I had not had a pleasant stay. She kept saying they can't do anything about the dog owners, and I kept telling her that was not the problem. The PROBLEM was that they should have a designated area for pets. I am allergic to pet dander, and so I feel like I should have been asked if it was okay to put me in a room that had obviously previously been occupied by dogs. I also think they should have put me away from multiple dog owners. It's not the fact that they allow dogs; it's the fact that they haven't yet figured out how to accomodate dog owners AND business travelers who don't want to be woken up all through the night by dog sounds. Making matters even worse, the front desk lady said she would take ten bucks of my bill! And she said it as though she was doing me some hug favor!

A few months ago, I had problems with the air conditioning. I didn't have this problem this last time. But the dogs barking was far worse than no AC.

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed October 6, 2008

Stayed here while traveling through. Nice place, renovations complete. Nothing wrong with this stay. The staff was quick, attentive, friendly. Great service. The only minor hiccup I had was: went into my non-smoking room and the place obviously was used by a smoker who didn't care about the rules. Informed the management and they reassigned me a true non-smoking room in about 3 nanoseconds. They knew I had a dog and gave me a room on the first floor near the end of the hall where the door is to the outside grass...very nice. Burger king right nearby, close to interstate, the downtown area seemed nice, about 3.5 miles away. Nice place.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2008

They still had a few rooms to renovate when we were there August 20, 2008. We heard no noise from workmen until maybe 8 AM and that was minimal. I almost thought this was a brand new hotel the renovation is so complete. Very nice modern furniture – more imaginative than in most hotels. Good size fridge and microwave. Did hear a few footsteps from the room above but only once. Hopefully you won’t have an excessively noisy neighbor.

The bed was very good and the room spotless. The a/c unit quiet. They were a little slow on putting out hardboiled eggs at breakfast so maybe ask the person staffing the breakfast area if you don’t see any. Also a bit slow on replacing yogurt containers. One of the waffle makers was out of order but that is probably fixed. Breakfast is a bit better than just the “expanded continental.” Only a few tables in the breakfast area. I guess you could take it back to your room which is normal size for this type of hotel.

When coming from the interstate their sign is very easy to miss. Just turn right at the first traffic light. There is a large gas station there and follow the road a few hundred feet to the right and you are there.

About a mile farther into the town is a shopping center with a CVS, supermarket, simple but nice restaurant and a gas station that had cheaper gas than the one by the hotel.

I think this would be a good choice unless you are looking for something much more fancy.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2008

We like to stay at La Quintas because of their pet-friendly policy. This particular hotel is undergoing renovations; still, the room was a bit small and the hotel as a whole not as nice as some other La Quintas we've stayed in, but in this area it's hard to find decent lodgings when you have a pet. The staff was very nice, however, and our room was one of the "dog" rooms on the first floor near the exit, so it was easy to take him out and walk him. The breakfast was just an okay continental style breakfast; the only protein available were hard-cooked eggs. The waffles were good, and they had yogurt available as well.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2008

We found this hotel on TripAdvisor for a layover to another destination. Considering it is off a major interstate, I went with low expectations, despite the pretty good reviews. I was happy to find the hotel staff was pleasant and accommodating, and the room exceeded my expectations. The room was immaculate, large and had a nice size refrigerator. The bathroom was also new and clean. My request for non-down pillows was fulfilled immediately. Definitely not a vacation spot, but would recommend this hotel highly for the piece of mind and cleanliness.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple