“A First and Lasting Impression” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem

La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Beckley, West Virginia
“A First and Lasting Impression”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was my first stay at a La Quinta hotel and I really did not know what to expect - only that it had a good reputation. This proved to be the case at this particular location.

I arrived on a holiday for a set amount of time, that become more extended due to business obligations. My experience at the property was positive the entire time.

I think that friendliness and cleanliness were the defining hallmarks here. From the front desk, to the housekeeping and laundry to breakfast area attendant. Everybody was nice! I was always greeted with a smile and constant offers for assistance.

The property was very clean. I was shocked at the number of dogs that other guests had with them during my stay. I am not a dog person and was delighted that there were no smells, etc. associated with the canine neighbors. Even barks were at a minimum and this I associate with owners attending breakfast area.

I enjoyed my daily USA Today newspaper and other materials available for reading. The 24/7 fresh coffee was a real treat which I graciously took advantage of during my visit. For those who like television, the channels were many and HBO was featured.. The bed and linens were comfortable, the water in show a good stream and hot water always available. A small refrigerator and microwave added to the comforts. The breakfast area was complete and available each day. As I've indicated, it was a great stay. The location has both easy access to Interstate 81 and nearby downtown Salem and Roanoke just down the road. Many dining opportunities nearby.

I normally do not complete surveys such as this and I think this is my first Trip Advisor submission. If there were suggestions for the property, it was be a need for additional luggage carts. I think the daily demand exceeded the two that were available.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at the LQ Inn in Roanoke Salem, Virginia on 2 occasions during a recent trip to Virginia in December 2013. We chose this hotel due to the convenient location to the Roanoke Airport. We were very pleased with everything about our stay. We had two rooms and asked for the rooms to be next to one another. This was done. The staff was so helpful. The breakfast was good. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We would never hesitate to stay here again. We also needed to change our reservation due to an ice storm moving in. The staff willingly accommodated our need to cancel our reservation for one night at the last minute. Our stay was very pleasant!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was our first time staying at a LaQuinta and we only stayed there because it was "about half way" home and was dog-friendly (we were traveling with our dog). I would stay there again with or without our pet. It was VERY clean and every single employee we came in contact with was friendly, polite and helpful. When does that EVER happen??? The breakfast was hot and had a nice variety. There was no extra charge for the dog or for the roll-away cot we requested. Unheard of!

Cedar Bluff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We needed a place to stay near the Va Veterans Care Center and La Quintas rates were better than similar hotels in the area.The staff was helpful and we were pleased to have a mini-fridge and microwave as we have special dietary needs .The breakfast area was spacious w fun "Jetson" decor. Our room was clean,not large but all we needed. We could have used a blanket as we had to turn up the heat and prefer a cooler room for sleeping.I'm sure we would have gotten one if we asked. We would definitely stay again if we're in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Maplewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We've been staying at this hotel for the past 3 years as a stop over on our trip down south. The place is clean; serves very good breakfast; accessible to the highway; friendly staff and provides good customer service. I will highly recommend for your next trip!

• 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 14 in Salem
4.0 of 5 stars 139 reviews

Been to La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem? Share your experiences!