“A comfortable place to stay”

La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Of all the La Quinta Inns and Suites my wife and I have stayed in during our travels, this was, by far, the most accommodating Inn. The room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel is NON-smoking throughout. The breakfast is standard Hotel fare...nothing spectacular. In all, a nice place to stay.

1  Thank Gary G

Delray Beach, Florida, USA
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The staff made us and our dogs feel at home. Room was very clean and had no odors from previous pets.
The availability of coffee and tea all day long was very welcome after a long day on the road.,
The lady who set up breakfast was a delight. Unfortunately I didn't get her name.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights with my girlfriend. The check-in process was smooth, and the front desk staff were friendly. However, within an hour of checking in to our room, we found a bed bug. We immediately called the front desk and notified them, and they sent up someone to our room from the desk. The guy that was sent up was way too nonchalant about the situation. He said we could either stay in the room or upgrade to the only room that was available for an additional $30/night. If it had not been a booked up Hokie football weekend, we would have just gone to another hotel. We decided to upgrade to the other room, which thankfully, they decided not to charge us for.

Upon checkout, I was asked if we would like to pay for our stay with "the American Express card on file." I booked the room online and paid in full using a Discover card a month prior to our stay, and I never gave them any credit card when checking in...

Overall, the hotel was average and overpriced. The staff was friendly enough but didn't seem very competent in how to handle certain situations. I cannot give a hotel any more than 2 stars if I find any trace of bed bugs. A live one was enough evidence for me.

2  Thank pjmuffin
lq6269, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay with us in the original room. Rest assured, we had our exterminator come in and checked the "bug" it was NOT A BED BUG she says they are only found in dark places like mattresses, not on the ceiling where it is very bright. Our hotel is exterminated on a routine basis. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target situations that can be avoided in the future. This gives us an opportunity to improve. Thank you.

Hazle Township, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We travel with a lot with our dogs as they compete in dock jumping, so we stay at a lot of different dog friendly hotels. LaQuinta has always had the cleanest rooms and the most updated hotels. We stay at these hotels even if there is one a little closer to the venue we are competing at. We appreciate the free breakfast since it is impossible to eat at a restaurant with the dogs! Most of all, and I can't stress this enough, we appreciate the cleanliness and the fact that we always feel welcome with our dogs. This hotel was no different, everything was modern, the staff was more than friendly, and most of all, everything was clean. We enjoyed our stay very much and will stay here again for this event next year, even though it is about 12 minutes away and there are other pet friendly hotels within walking distance of this event. I'd prefer to drive a little for quality and cleanliness, and to know my dogs are truly welcome!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lexington, Virginia, USA
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My father was very I'll and in the hospital...the management went above and beyond to ensure that my needs were meant while I was staying at this hotel..the rooms were clean and the staff made sure I had everything I needed. Great experience while I was going through such a difficult time with my father...

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Already reviewed this hotel but since we last stayed there they have updated the rooms and the breakfast room and it is very nice. A great place to stay and the dogs are free, I did not hear any other dogs which is good. There are places to walk the dogs, it is very close to I 81 but not close enough to be bothered with the noise etc. The folks that work at this hotel are very nice which is a big plus. Definitely a place you would want to come back to again!