“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I had travelled all day and were stopping at this hotel as a midway point to our final destination. The hotel is located less than 1mi from the interstate making it convenient to get in and out of if you are just passing through the area. We didn't check in until 1am, but called earlier to let the front desk know we would have a late check in. The staff was very professional over the phone and held our reservation. Once we arrived the staff was very friendly and processed our check in quickly.
The entire hotel has been updated over the past several years. The rooms are modern and updated and pleasant to the eye. The beds are comfortable and CLEAN!
The morning staff was also exceptionally pleasant and knowledgable. The continental breakfast was what I expected, nothing over the top. However, what was offered was prepared well and maintained at the right temperatures. As soon as something was low the staff member refilled or replaced whatever was missing before anyone needed to ask.
The front desk worker at the time of our check out was extremely helpful, efficient, and courteous. You could tell the staff at this hotel enjoyed their jobs, which is refreshing. We will definitely stay here again if we travel through Salem again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Melissa_Coffee15

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Maine, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Melonie the Assistant Manager at the La Quinta Inn in Salem, Va. went above and beyond to help me. I needed to switch my reservation from Sept. 26, to Sept. 25 and AARP/Expedia wouldn't let me without charging me another night. She fought with them for 3 days and couldn't get anywhere. Finally on the 24th a "big wig" from Expedia called the hotel on another matter and she told him of my problem. She got him to switch the date without charging me for another night. I was able to get to Tennessee the next day to see my granddaughter perform in the marching band, something I couldn't have done without her help. Upon arrival we were treated wonderfully. I will always stay there on my way to Tn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We selected this property last minute looking for something 1/2 way to our destination. What a pleasant experience. We made certain it was our stop on the way back. Bed was plush and very comfortable. How pleasant to have 2 pillow each and not have to decide who gets the 2nd one for propping up to watch TV. Sometimes it's the little things.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1Chuck2013
Moorestown, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Last night at 9:30 my friend and I checked into our room. It was fine. By 1:30 a.m., however, the folks upstairs were having a grand time--even the building was shaking. By 2:30, my friend and I were on the road again, thinking that we should be driving instead of lying in bed wide awake. (That put us into Washington at rush hour, however; exactly what we had hoped to avoid.) I complained to the front desk as I checked out, and the clerk said she had checked in a family at 1:30. The clerk said that I had paid for my room on Expedia, so it would be difficult to refund anything to me, but she gave me the manager's card. I have a problem with that! I called the number on the La Quinta website specifically for this inn. It seems to me that La Quinta should manage their own reservations on their own website. So, beware of with whom you are making a reservation. --noisy air conditioners, too.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor so that no one will be above you.