“Great Location off the Blue Ridge.”

La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We traveled down the the Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway so this was a very convenient spot when looking for a pet friendly hotel on our way.
Love the red lobby. Very different and cheerful. Breakfast a step up from the standard La Quinta.
The room design, with a wooden floor entry area and bathroom is particularly well thought out for a pet friendly hotel. Our crates fit perfectly under the vanity.
Melanie was very warm and friendly. Oohing and aahing over our Cavaliers. Very helpful with recommendations for dinner, etc.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Love the location--right off I-81 and an easy drive to downtown Roanoke. We had a king room that had every convenience--fridge, microwave, desk & separate chair w/footstool. Loved the decor & the extra touch of having an outlet in the base of all table lamps so that we didn't have to crawl around looking for the closest one (especially handy for my husband's sleep machine!).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gcrigler
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My one huge complaint about the hotel is that the rooms advertised as "King Executive Suites" are not suites at all. I specifically paid $30 extra for this room because I don't like my pets sleeping in the bed with me and wanted to be able to shut the door. I was quite disappointed when I walked in and the "Suite" was nothing more than a room with a couch added. Maybe it's bigger than the "normal" rooms, but had I known I wouldn't have two separate rooms, I would have saved the extra money.

I have terrible allergies and am very allergic to dogs, which makes me very much not a dog person. So I was hesitant to stay here given some of the prior reviews. My fears were unfounded. Are there dogs? Yes, but it's not like there were dozens of dogs running around the lobby. I never once heard a bark while I stayed and all the dogs were on leashes. Since I'm not a dog person, I'm hyperaware of "dog" smell or anything indicating that my allergies are about to go into overdrive. I didn't think any area of the hotel, including my room, smelled at all like a dog. The room was clean and the beds are comfy. All in all, not a bad hotel, although I am still very annoyed about the "suite" situation.

Room Tip: suite rooms are not two room suites, just a regular room with a couch
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have stayed at this LaQuinta during an annual trip to Salem for many years. It is clean, the staff is great, and it is pet-friendly. I will absolutely be booking my stay for next year at this LaQuinta!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This La Quinta could be a model for all other La Quintas to follow. Loved every aspect of my stay there. Beautiful room, great service! The hotel staff really, really cares about their guests. Hats off to Melanie at the front desk. I felt like I'd known her for years.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

A top quality hotel, from start to finish. rooms nice. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast good. Modern, clean hotel. I stay in hotels every week and this hotel ranks up with some of the higher dollar chains. 5 stars in this experienced travelers book.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Conveniently located just off 81, LaQuinta Salem offers clean, comfortable and spacious rooms at a reasonable price. The recently ungraded lobby and breakfast area is cozy and pleasant. Hotel staff are welcoming and helpful. Breakfast includes make-your-own waffles and plenty of fresh fruit - much nicer than many hotels' continental breakfasts.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mara L
lq6269, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for choosing Laquinta inn for your lodging needs during your travels to the Salem area. We look forward to seeing you again to provide exceptional service and clean comfortable rooms .

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 14 in Salem
Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area

Been to La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem? Share your experiences!