“Best LaQuinta stay ever!”

La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Salem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Cleburne, Texas
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Hotel has chef on duty for free breakfast who will make omelets to order, eggs any style, plus buscuits, gravy, waffles, bacon, sausage, cereals, breads, many beverages - very good service.

There are 2 seafood restaurants in the hotel building - one with a bar and one serving beer and wine only. Great oysters on the half shell.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HILTON
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stopped here one night on our way north. Always try to stay with La Quinta because they are always clean and don't charge extra for dogs. Room was spacious. Staff extremely friendly. Breakfast was typical for the 'free breakfast' offered at motels. Quiet area even tho right off the highway. Burger King within walking distance. A gas station with Burger King. Offered us a list of nearby restaurants. I don't know if this is normal but we had 2 pillows per person - one hard and one softer (side and stomach sleepers?). A great pillow and comfortable bed. Will make this our stopover on the way home from now on. Look for a coupon on travelcoupons.com.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sackets Harbor, New York
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This is the nicest La Quinta we have ever stayed in. The room was very clean and comfortable although it was a little noisy. The front desk and breakfast bar staff were very friendly. They even let a guest fill his very large thermos with coffee. We stayed here because we were traveling with our dog. WATCH OUT WHEN YOU WALK AROUND THE GROUNDS... POO POO EVERYWHERE. Train the guests to clean up after their dogs!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank scmcp
Crewe, VA
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The staff at this hotel went over and above in helping us, and making our stay comfortable. We were in town for a family funeral, and the staff was extremely helpful. They gave us restaurant recommendations and moved tables out of storage for us to use. One young lady even called a mechanic at home on Easter Sunday morning to help us get my daughter's car fixed, since we were leaving town that day!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Single, female business traveler passing through for two nights with one dog.

I was traveling through this way while on a business trip and although I was only expecting to stay one night, it turns out I needed a second night and I was taken care of immediately.

The hotel is situated right off the highway which was very convenient for me. It is in a little cul-de-sac with one other hotel and a gas station that has a burger king in it. I had to go into town to drop something off at the post office as well as getting dinner. The town is small and very quaint. A very safe area with some charm. I also had to drive to Ranoeke on the second day to grab some more dog food and the trip took me about an hour to complete (round trip driving and shopping)...so, you have everything you need within a 20 minute drive.

The hotel has a lot of grassy areas to walk around safely with your dog. There was also plenty of parking in the lot and I saw one large truck with an attached flatbed parking along the cul-de-sac street for those traveling with a large truck or flatbed/trailer.

The hotel itself is well-kept and inviting. The lobby is updated with nice furniture and ambiance. A very modern look and I liked it a lot. I was on the 2nd floor right over the lobby with two windows. One window had a view of the parking lot while the other window overlooked the roof above the car-turn-around.

The room itself was very spacious and airy. When you walk in, there is hard wood flooring extending from door to the bathroom area and a little bit into the room where the desk is located. I had a nice couch, coffee table, TV stand with large flat screen tv and a king size bed in the remaining space. It did not feel over-cramped at all and I was quite comfortable throughout my stay. I usually do not extend in hotels for work but this one was great and I wanted an extra day to gather myself and whatever work stuff I needed to do.

I had breakfast and it was the usual culprits...waffles, cereals, fruit, etc. I never eat the hot stuff so I do not know what else they served. The front desk was helpful. I did not see the pool (outside...it was cold, so not open).

I would definitely stay here again in the future. I would say my only complaint was that I could hear people above me moving around quite a bit. It stopped around 10pm but if you are a light sleeper, I suggest a room on the top floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor if you are a light sleeper since you can hear the people above you.