“Warm Service!”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Salem
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Warm Service!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was impressed with this La Quinta. Our room had a microwave and fridge, in addition to a very new (very nice!) TV and a comfortable bed. The room was clean and well-maintained. The hotel also featured a good complementary breakfast, which was staffed by possibly the sweetest, most friendly woman ever!

There are only two not perfectly positive things to say. First, the internet seemed to drop in and out a few times one night. When we called down to mention it, the front desk called us back when the internet was restored--what great service! The other thing was that they didn't appear to have a fitness center, though I could be wrong. Would've been nice to get a little work out in when we snowed in! Overall, this is a great hotel conveniently located off I-81. We would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Frederick
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I arrived late one night when the tow truck driver who towed my vehicle off the interstate recommended this place as one that allowed pets. Wondering what I would be getting in to, I was more than pleasantly surprised.
Desk staff was unbelievably welcoming and hospitable, letting me know that we were 1 of 3 pug families staying there for the night. As we talked, one of the other pugs, along with his masters, came out of the elevator. Everyone ooooddddd and aaaahhhhhdddd over the pugs.
The desk clerk put me on the 3rd floor, the quietest part of the hotel, he said. The room was more than ample and clean as could be with all the fixin's: microwave, big-screen TV, free wifi, and very soft towels!
Unfortunately, I did not make breakfast, but the in-room coffee maker functioned perfectly well, and I snaagged a banana before they put everything away in the lobby.
Price was great!
As to Ms. Buckeye82? You prolly want the Ritz Carlton next time.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hampton, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my first stay at a La Quinta and I brought my two teens along as we were visiting colleges. We stayed here because the location and price were right for our needs. My first impression was that the front counter lady was friendly enough but not entirely professional in her demeanor. The lighting in the hallways is horrible - bright flourescents - which gives a very cheap feeling to the property. However the rooms, while small, where clean. The entry to room has a faux wood floor which is a nice touch. Bathroom is tiny and towels are thin. They have a free breakfast served in the lobby area, which is furnished with ugly seating and tables in an attempt at a 1950's retro diner look. Free breakfast is sub-par - cold cereal, instant oatmeal packages, hard boiled eggs. I think I'd stay elsewhere next time, even if I had to spend a bit more.

Room Tip: stay on 2nd floor and you can avoid use of elevator if you are mobile.
CARY
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We traveled all season following our son playing college basketball. With a new puppy added to our family, it was often difficult to find quality, pet-friendly accommodations. La Quinta in Salem, Va was, by far, the nicest we've stayed at...and there was no added fee for our pet! Definitely a new fan and will be checking for this chain for future stays!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank STACIEH214
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We loved the motel, it was clean, friendly staff, and nice breakfast. The price was excellent as we received the discount for our age. We will stay here again when we are in town for the ODAC tournament.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Slidell, LA
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at La Quinta in Salem, VA after a drive from Louisiana. I came in very late at night, the hotel was right off the Interstate, the front desk people were awesome, and got me right into a room. The rooms were clean, modern, and the bed was really comfortable. I slept like a rock. The place has secured parking with cameras, and there were cameras in the hotel. My check out was effortless, the free breakfast was good, and I will stay here next time I come through. Great hotel.

Room Tip: I think they are all the same.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem
Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 13 in Salem

Been to La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem? Share your experiences!