“Good except for 1 reason” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem

La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Alexandria, MN
“Good except for 1 reason”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I seek out LaQuintas when I am on road trips as all the hotels are very similar and I like the quality and friendly, helpful staff. This location is no different. No different until someone checked in next door (the room has an interior door that can join the neighboring room). The guests preferred to play music mildly loud and leave it on even when they left the room. Mildly loud equals it may as well have been in my my room and doesn't equal the guests being inconsiderate as it wasn't loud enough that someone in the neighboring room should have heard it.

I guess my review is this hotel meets LaQuinta's standards but make sure you don't have a room that has adjoining room capability. My room # was 318.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank craigmische

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Windsor, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

After driving all day this was a nice resting spot.
The room was clean and comfortable and the bed was very nice.
Very easy to sleep and get ready for the next day's drive.
The staff was friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We never needed a pet friendly hotel before but we do now. It is so hard to find any that are of good quality. I have just learned that ALL LaQuinta properties with the exception of 2 are pet friendly! This particular one was clean, comfortable and semi reasonably priced. The AAA discount is the best we could get. It took $5.00 off bit to have a clean, comfortable and friendly place to stay is worth it. The staff and owner are very pleasant and accommodating. We will definitely stay here again when traveling this way.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Itsunreal
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We knew ahead that this would be a stop off location for us, so I made a reservation; it was my free room earned with La Quinta. Because of that, they gave us the extra nice, extra large suite!! SWEET! La Quinta's are always reliable for decent prices, wifi, and breakfast, so I recommend a frequent-stayer card if you travel often by car as we do. I look at reviews first because I have been in a couple that were not good though, but they usually are, and occassionally extra nice. This one was especially nice, clean, good breakfast, extremely helpful staff. Definitely a great stopping place, I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: sorry, i can't speak for the standard room here, but this is a fairly new hotel, so I think they...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We had never stayed in a La Quinta but this was a good location for us. I knew that it was a pet friendly hotel and, although we own animals we, did not want to stay in a room where animals stayed. I did ask if there was a floor which did not allow animals and was assured that we could be in an area where pets were not allowed.We checked into the room and it was clean but there were dogs in the rooms all around us. Although it really was not a problem, I do think such a request should be honored. If you do have allergies to dogs, be aware that they will be in the elevator and common areas with you. Also, we stopped for gas before arriving and I noticed one of those free coupon books in the gas station. I picked it up and the coupon for La Quinta was honored at check in for a $30.00 savings on the price of the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem
4.0 of 5 stars 187 reviews
Hampton Inn Salem East-Electric Road
Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke

Been to La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem? Share your experiences!