“Family w/toddler pleasantly surprised first timers” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem

La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Salem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I are alwasy traveling with our dog so we use La Quintas anytime we have a choice to because they are pet friendly. The chain itself is pretty hit or miss as far as quality goes and this location is a big hit in my book. The furnishings in the lobby and rooms are surprisingly modern compared to other La Quinta's or hotels similar. It was very clean, very quiet and the staff was so friendly. We came to this hotel to get away from the Hurricane (we live in DE). We were so comfortable here it felt like a mini vacation and helped ease our worries. The breakfast is the same as many La Quintas offer, breads, waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereals. So not the best breakfast offering, but definitely not terrible either, and the value is reflected in their pricing, they don't charge for a breakfast buffet and to be honest the price you pay for the room you get is an outstanding bargain to me. There were plently of grassy areas to take our dog out too, and he was very comfortable in the room and made himself right at home, which is a big accomplishment for this location, my dog has very specific taste. Overall I have absolutely no complaints about my stay and I would go back to this location in a heartbeat if I found myself in the area.

Room Tip: We had a room right next to the elevator so were disturbed a few times during the night by people in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Traveling with our dog means slim choices in some areas of the country. La Quinta has yet to disappoint us in terms of a comfortable place to call home for a night or a few days. This La Quinta is squeaky clean, comfortable beds and great places to potty our pup.
Breakfast in the morning was delicious and plentiful. Good choices of protein and carbs for any diet. The hotel was quiet, despite a full house. A good nights rest for another grueling travel day.
Thanks La Quinta... and the staff at Salem.

Room Tip: Pup/Cat friendly rooms are on the first and second floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was a super LaQuinta. I've been traveling around the US for dog shows and have stayed in many LaQuintas as they are wonderfully pet-friendly, but this one was one of the best. I arrived after a long drive and although the lobby area is small, it was clean and cheerful and the staff was welcoming! I was so happy to have such a nice, clean room with a comfortable king-size bed and a spacious, nicely-appointed bath and other furnishings. I wish I could have stay longer than one night!

There was plenty of parking, the breakfast was, of course, free, lots of hot coffee available. Staff was excellent. The pet walking areas were nice with plentiful grass everywhere and clean! This is definitely NOT one of those places where no one picks up after their pets or that there are cigarette butts everywhere.....it was well-maintained and a pleasure.

Also, easy access to highway.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor, at my request, which was great given the easy access to the grassy areas w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

My friend and I stayed at the La Quinta on Wednesday, Oct.4th. for one night to attend the Celtic Thunder Show at the Salem Civic Center. This is a fantastic property. It was spotlessly clean and the beds were very comfortable. Every employee that we encountered from the front desk through housekeeping and maintenence were very polite and friendly. And the price couldn't be beat. I would definitely stay here again. And I would recommend it to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hampton Inn Salem
Hampton Inn Salem East-Electric Road
Comfort Suites Salem
Comfort Suites Salem
#5 of 13 in Salem

Been to La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem? Share your experiences!