“What a great stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Salem
“What a great stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

After driving all day... We landed at La Quinta and what a nice and pleasant hotel. The staff was warm and friendly, the room was beautiful and clean, and it was pet friendly! The bed was sooo comfortable! Great value and great customer service!!

• Stayed July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Endicott, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

We had stayed in this hotel several yrs. ago when it was the Baymont and liked it then. We decided to give the La Quinta a try this time and really enjoyed it. We had stayed in one in Plattsburg, NY and weren't pleased at all, so we were really surprised how nice this one was. My only complaint was the breakfast. It was alittle sparce compared to other places we have stayed. It was a clean hotel and everyone was very friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

We stopped at this LaQuinta in Salem as it was about 1/2 way to Nashville for us and a good stopping point. We chose this hotel because of the free hot breakfast initially. We were impressed with the staff at the hotel and their attitudes. They allowed our 3 preteens to swim longer in the pool than the hours listed. We appreciated that after a long time in a van.
The room was comfortable and what we expected. The breakfast was very good. In fact, the older woman who mainatin the breakfast area was so sweet and is a true asset to this hotel. She really went above and beyond to make our morning start out on the right foot.
After we left, we realized we left our kids' swimming suits at the hotel. They held them for us as we decided to stay here on our return trip from Nashville. This hotel is a perfect stopping point for weary travelers with kids. It is easy on/off the highway too.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

I usually do a lot of research on Trip advisor before booking but my travel plans changed suddenly and I had to grab a hotel - boy was I lucky!!!

This must have been an old Baymont hotel, all interior corredors. But completely updated inside. Beautiful carpet in the hall and room. The fake wood look tile in the entry and bathroom. For some reason I got an accessible king room so the bathroom was very large and the bed area was on the small side, but I was only there overnight. Has a fridge with freezer and microwave in the room. Not a flatscreen TV so that took up a large area on top of the dresser. Small desk with chair. All the lamps on desk and bedside have plugs available for your laptop/phone. Single serve coffee maker in room but they do give you several coffees. Hairdryer. Nice towels, bed was heaven! lots of pillows. Modern new furnature.

Breakfast area had hot gravy and bisc, the preformed egg disks, waffle maker. Unlike most Laquintas who make the front desk staff work the breakfast area - this one had a woman who only took care of the breakfast and she welcomed each person and directed everyone and made sure it all stayed stocked. Even had single serve apple sauce containers.

No ice maker on 1st floor - have to go to second floor. Has a pool area but I did not use. I could slightly hear the TV in the room next to me but I had one of those adjoining room doors and the TV's were right next to the door.

I travel with dogs and appreciated that they had a trash can out at the back of the parking lot so when I cleaned up after my dog I didn't have to put it near a hotel entry door! Not much grass right next to the hotel, but between the hotel and burger king next door there was a large lot, has a steep drop off from the hotel parking lot but from the entrance drive you could walk the dogs.

I really appreciate La Quintas allowing dogs and not charging anything extra. They are by far the best quality of the dog hotels!

Room Tip: Front of hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Flatcoatfun
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I have worked at hotels for almost 18 years and have stayed at a lot of different hotels (Wyndham, Gaylord, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn etc..... This hotel was wonderful and I cannot say enought about it. From the time I checked in until I left the service was outstanding. Never a sad or mad face just smiles and hello's. The rooms were VERY clean, neat and nothing out of place. I will go back to this hotel anytime I am in the area. I had 2 rooms and both were excellant. If you want a room with a view ask for one that faces the front of the hotel. The back is not bad but you do have a mountain view in the front.

Room Tip: Room with a view faces the front of hotel.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank tzabrosky
Gastonia, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

This hotel is great from the staff to the rooms. They do an excellent job of making you feel at home when you are on business. I don't understand the bad reviews because I frequently stay here as do a few of my colleagues and have never had any problems. The hotel is pet friendly and you would never know. .The rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful..I personally do not own a pet and dont mind staying here because it is kept so clean and odor free. Thank you Lq keep up the good work. I will definately be back

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Pets are welcome in any and every room. Dog hair was all over the blanket on my wife's bed...some even on the sheet. We got replacements and made the bed ourselves. No warning given. We won't be staying in a La Quinta again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank TopGun24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem
4.0 of 5 stars 187 reviews
Hampton Inn Salem East-Electric Road
Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke

Been to La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem? Share your experiences!