“Love, Love, Love this place”

La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I have worked at hotels for almost 18 years and have stayed at a lot of different hotels (Wyndham, Gaylord, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn etc..... This hotel was wonderful and I cannot say enought about it. From the time I checked in until I left the service was outstanding. Never a sad or mad face just smiles and hello's. The rooms were VERY clean, neat and nothing out of place. I will go back to this hotel anytime I am in the area. I had 2 rooms and both were excellant. If you want a room with a view ask for one that faces the front of the hotel. The back is not bad but you do have a mountain view in the front.

Room Tip: Room with a view faces the front of hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank tzabrosky

Reviewed February 20, 2011

This hotel is great from the staff to the rooms. They do an excellent job of making you feel at home when you are on business. I don't understand the bad reviews because I frequently stay here as do a few of my colleagues and have never had any problems. The hotel is pet friendly and you would never know. .The rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful..I personally do not own a pet and dont mind staying here because it is kept so clean and odor free. Thank you Lq keep up the good work. I will definately be back

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Pets are welcome in any and every room. Dog hair was all over the blanket on my wife's bed...some even on the sheet. We got replacements and made the bed ourselves. No warning given. We won't be staying in a La Quinta again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TopGun24
Reviewed February 5, 2011

(1) They quoted me a certain price over the phone and charged me MORE at checkout. When I questioned the difference, I was told that was their fee for 2 people staying in a room.
(2) They are pet friendly but I challenge you to find an area for your pet without stepping on dog poo! We always pick up after our dogs. I am not naive and am aware that others don't; however, the grounds are not maintained. It is completely littered w/dog poo. We had to take our dogs elsewhere to do their business.
(3) The mirror (on the door) for the closet in our room was cracked in several places at the bottom. That room should never have been opened for reservations. It was a lawsuit waiting to happen. When I mentioned it to the person behind the desk, I was told, "The mirrors are on order."
(4) There were THREE jacuzzi dirty tubs sitting in the back of the building. When I mentioned this to them as well, I was told "We are renovating." What about the 4 commercial realtor signs left at the back of the building?
(5) The room above us was occupied by a family whose children ran and stomped all night long. I called the front desk at 9:45 p.m. and was informed that they "had just moved in." At 12:30 a/m it was still ongoing. We had just come from a 9 hour drive.
(6) If you don't mind all of the above, then I would say, go ahead. We will not stay there again nor will we recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pafrogdogs
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I chose this property because they allow pets and we were traveling with our poodle. The property was great. Off the main road, had to drive thru a Burger King to get to the property. The staff was very very friendly, everyone welcoming us when we arrived. Told us about local eateries for dinner. Right off the interstate and just a couple miles from downtown Salem. Roanoke was a small 20 minute drive away.

The decor in the rooms were beautiful and modern. The beds and pillows were a dream.

Even in July the pool was not heated and the water temp was a little cool. The breakfast area is extremely small. When it fills up, it's impossible for others to get to the counters to get food. The staff person was multi-tasking and the food ran out a couple of times before she could get back to fill them. They did have a make your own waffle station.

Overall I would recommend this property. The staff is great even though the property is not the best. However we felt very safe, not an issue at all.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed December 9, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel twice Both times have been very good.
. I did not hear any dogs barking or whinning. In fact it was very quiet.
I wil be staying there again next month.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bill F
Reviewed November 8, 2010

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel twice this year and was very pleased with both stays. The staff at this hotel is all about customer service. The housekeeping staff does an excellant job and the property is well maintained. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and the hotel is quiet.
We travel 46 weeks a year and stay in hotels. I wish all hotels were like this one!
If you are traveling in the Salem/Roanoke Va area... this is the hotel to stay at!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem
Comfort Suites Salem
Comfort Suites Salem
#5 of 14 in Salem
Hampton Inn Salem East-Electric Road

Been to La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem? Share your experiences!