“Beast restaurant in Salem by far”

Blue Apron Restaurant and Red Rooster Bar
Ranked #1 of 105 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This restaurant just opened in Salem, VA a month or two ago. It is wonderful!!! The best place to eat in this small town!
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Outstanding food, great service. Be sure to try the butternut squash soup in the fall. Reasonable wine list too.

There are newer reviews for Blue Apron Restaurant and Red Rooster Bar

Reviewed October 8, 2012

A small establishment but obviously very popular with locals and tourists alike. It seems that reservations are a MUST but my friend and I were lucky enough to get in and have dinner at the bar. It was very cozy and much less noisy than the main dining area. And our waitress/bartender was excellent!! Kudos to her because they were very busy!!

The food . . to die for! I had the lobster bisque soup as my first course. It was delicious and creamy but not too heavy with large pieces of lobster. Then, my main course was seared scallops with garlic & herb potato "slices". Yes the portions aren't huge (although my friend's steak was quite large) but we both opted for the less expensive half portions. It was filling, satisfying, delicious . . everything you want in a great restaurant experience.

Also, I had the chocolate souffle cake with ice cream for dessert. One word . . YUM!! It was like heaven in my mouth.

I will most definitely return here if and when I return to Salem. Bravo for Blue Apron Red Rooster!!

1  Thank vikesfan
Reviewed October 2, 2012

What a great little restaurant!! I can't believe I did not know about it.
The food was great. I had the snapper with coconut curry and orange/pomegranate compote. It had everything.....fish done perfectly, creamy sauce, some spice, sweet, and crunch. The asparagus soup was also very good.
I was pleasantly surprised. It might be my favorite restaurant in Roanoke/Salem.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

When in the area of Salem we stop by the Blue Apron for lunch or dinner. An outstanding bistro style restaurant that can compete with similar restaurants in major foodie cities. Differing size portions allow one to choose how much they want to eat.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Celebrated my birthday there on August 25,2012. Although the food was excellent, the portions are on the small side. The wine list is extensive, but their mixed drinks are very expensive and they don't even have cold glasses for the beer. But my main complaint is the noise level. The decor is very nice, but the dining area is small,so the tables are close together. The night we were there it was so loud from the music and people talking very loud over each other, that it was irritating, and annoying, making the price, just not worth it.