“Outstanding service!”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Salem
Florida
“Outstanding service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Because of delays in my trip back to FL, I had to rearrange reservations and wound up staying at this hotel. The desk clerk on duty could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Besides the normal check-in procedures, she answered all my questions about the area and suggested several local restaurants (we chose one and it was very good).

The hotel was a typical HIE- nice rooms with all the necessary amenities. The room and bath were clean and well-supplied and normal bedbug checks revealed no visitors. I had asked for a room near the front due to mobility problems and got the first room from the lobby but there was no noise or disturbances to be heard all night. My standard complaint is: not enough plugs for the phone, computer, bipap (especially near the bed where there are plugs hidden behind the bed and filled with lamps and clocks). One other complaint was about the breakfast which was really quite good but all the milk was outdated...not good for a very nice establishment. The comment from the breakfast service was "milk is good for 4-5 days beyond the date"! I was happy to hear from management that they would not have put it out but food service is contracted out.

Room Tip: watch the dates on food at breakfast
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We have passed your comments on to our staff they always appreciate hearing how they are doing. I apologize for your concerns about our breakfast. We are currently looking into the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will consider us again on future visits to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Norcross, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We found this hotel to be extremely clean and comfortable during a 3-night stay. It is close to I-81, but far away enough to eliminate any noise. The rooms were spacious and had a mini-fridge, microwave, and flat-screen TV. Breakfast was excellent with selections usually found only in a restaurant. The staff was cordial and helpful. We would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: The back-side rooms have a beautiful view of the mountains, especially from 2nd or 3rd floors.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TalonIP
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they do a good job.

Thank you again for your great comments. We hope that you will come stay with us again.
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

stayed here several times while traveling along I-81, because it has easy access. not a lot within walking distance except a gas station with a fast food restaurant attached, but some good italian (pizza & sandwich) delivery options. Hotel staff was very nice and helpful everytime we stayed - even welcoming us back after the first time. Rooms were clean, bathrooms were spotless, breakfast was replenished as needed. Beds were typical Holiday Inn Express beds. clean and well maintained hotel. definately will return.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Virginia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stayed at Holiday Inn Express Salem Civic Center for one night and were very pleased with the hotel. It has an interesting decor, sort of mardigras/modern theme. The room and bathroom were clean and the bed comfortable. We will definitely stay there again. I usually avoid Holiday Inns because my experience had been that they were old and nasty, but this one is rather nice!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments and will pass them on to our staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We are glad we provided that for you.

Thanks again for your comments. We hope you will come stay with us again really soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

For almost a year, I stayed here for business purposes. The Management and staff are always very helpful, kind and super amazing. I've even left a few things and each time, someone had them waiting on me. :)

The rooms are wonderful, The breakfast is always great and nothing like the ease of being right off of the Highway!!

Thanks for an awesome place to stay when I'm away for so long at a time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Marie W
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy that we have accommodated you for this year. We strive as a hotel to provide a great place to stay for all of our guests. We are glad we could be your home away from home.

Thanks again for your time. We hope to see you again real soon.
Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times [it is a good half-way stopping point for our travels]. Good solid hotel. Easy access to the interstate, good parking and places to eat within reasonable driving distance. When you stay at a Holiday Inn Express you can be pretty sure to get good accommodations at a fair price. The breakfast was OK [typical fare] and the rooms comfortable. Air conditioning was noisy and hard to control. There are several Holiday Inn Expresses in the area. You can't go wrong with them!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thanks for providing us with your review of our hotel. We have taken your concerns about the breakfast and the airconditioning to our management. They are currently trying to find solutions to these problems.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again on future visits to the area.
Topton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

This was not a bad hotel, but there were three issues that occurred that future guests should be aware of:

1. Although the hotel seemed clean, I learned before going to bed that my sink drain was stuck in the closed position. This made me think "How could this room have been properly cleaned and this issue not reported? Wouldn't you need to drain the sink after cleaning?" This bothered me so much that I double checked my sheets! I saw no problems. It was already late and I decided that a room change was not worth it. You decide if I am being too picky, but that was enough alone to prevent my staying there again.

2. There was excessive noise from the room above me, as if people were running around. I do not blame the hotel directly for guest behavior, but noise did seem to transmit very easily.

3. When I reported the sink issue upon checkout, I got no verbal response from the man at the desk, simply a 1000 yard stare. He did write it down, but I thought a "Thank-You" or an "I'm sorry" would have been good.

The person at check-in was very nice and the breakfast was good. Rate was good.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your 3 concerns are currently being investigated by our managemnet. Thanks for bringing these issues to our attention. We use your comments to better serve you and our future guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hampton Inn Salem
Quality Inn
#6 of 13 in Salem
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem? Share your experiences!