“I really enjoyed my visit to Salem. I am a loyal Holiday...”
Review of Super 8 Salem VA

Super 8 Salem VA
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Salem
Salem
“I really enjoyed my visit to Salem. I am a loyal Holiday...”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I really enjoyed my visit to Salem. I am a loyal Holiday Inn Priority Club member, but with Division 3 basketball tournament in the Salem area, it was difficult to find a room. This Super 8 is located exactly where I want to be in relation to family and friends in the Salem area. I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet the room was on both Friday and Saturday PM when the hotel was pretty well full.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The room had that terrible antiseptic smell, everywhere. So did the towels. There was a mercury vapor light in the parking lot that shone through around the drapes all night long. The bedding was third rate: spotted, cheap, and the pillows were flat and hard from use. There was no elevator to the upper floors, so I had to shlep my baggage. The breakfast area was minute and I avoided it because other people were using it when I was ready for it. When traffic picked up outside, you could hear it in the room. You could also hear the thumping of people's footsteps in the room above mine. I paid around $ 65 for the room, but it would have been worth it spending another $ 20/30 in a better appointed place. The young man at the check-in desk was helpful and nice.

Room Tip: Stay on the lowest floor, to the right of the entry point--if you have to.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank onemore751
Caledon
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We booked this room at the last minute, after we arrived in town and discovered every other hotel in the Roanoke area was booked. It was a perfectly adequate room in a quiet part of town so we were pleasantly surprised with our stay. The facility is dated and the breakfast offerings were not particularly palatable, but there was free parking and free WiFi and the room was clean. Overall we were happy with the value for our money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple