Super 8 Salem VA
$95
$85
$94
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsinside entrancesmoking roomfootball weekendnice staywithin walking distancenight's sleepa great place to stayconvenient locationwould stay againstaff was very friendlyeclipsesuitcasesshampoorefrigeratormattressesdoghighway
Reviewed November 28, 2012

If you want fairly inexpensive (about 65 with taxes) then it's a place to lay your head. I would not come here with my kids though. The halls smell really strong of curry, but I opened my window and it was fine after a bit in my room. Room was clean and bed very comfortable. Hotel very quiet too. No elevator, so don't get a room on the 3rd floor if you have a lot of luggage. You get what you pay for. I debate as I sit here with the window open hearing all the noise from the street if it was really worth the 25 dollars I saved....not quite sure yet, but it's certainly better than driving all night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
A Wyndham traveler
CHESTER
Reviewed November 12, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I've been to Salem three times now and stayed in different hotels each time. This third trip I was looking to save money but not skimp too much on the peace of mind I'd be safe (I'm a female sleeping alone) and not feel dirty.

When you pull up it looks very updated and unlike any other Super 8's I've ever seen. When I got in the lobby was tiny and no one was there but there was a sign saying to pick up the phone and call for help. They came right away and I checked in. NOTE: no elevator that I saw.

Going up the little stairs I was rethinking my choice but when I opened the door I saw that the room was adequate. PROS: Very clean! They had a stand for my suitcase, working a/c heat, fridge and microwave and lots of storage. The bed was very comfortable. All linens seemed clean. CONS: at least two of the outlets didn't work. I wish there were more pillows! It was a bit much ($70) for a night.

Fine for a night, but I'll continue to hotel shop until I find the best value for the money.

• Stayed: November 2012