Super 8 Salem VA
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$95
$98
Fairfield Inn
$139
Hampton.com
All reviewsinside entrancesmoking roomfootball weekendnice staywithin walking distancenight's sleepa great place to stayconvenient locationwould stay againstaff was very friendlyeclipsesuitcasesshampoorefrigeratormattressesdoghighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I made a reservation online because the said they were pet friendly I drove down from Long Island when I got ther the person at the desk hardly spoke english and every question I had she had to call someone and speak to them in some foreign language. i was told I could not leave my dogs alone in the room even though I had a cage but to take them with me and leave them in the car it was only 99 degrees needless to say I left as I was leaving a very pregnant women told me to not stay they arrived earlier with her grandmother and no one would even help them with there bags and the room was filthy.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else or sleep in the car.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
trip3798, Manager at Super 8 Salem VA, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Sorry to hear that we were not able to accomodate you at our property. Most properties have a policy that pets can not be left unattended in the room. This creates issues for other guest in nearby rooms.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

After driving 9 hrs in 95 degree weather with no AC in my car I decided to check into this Super 8 because it was part of the Wyndam hotel Rewards. This place was overpriced ( $78.00 and that was a AAA rate!!! ) the place was empty!!! I paid the same price at a Sheraton over the weekend and it was beautiful! smelled of smoke, towels were stained and dirty gray. The bathroom needed a complete overhaul!
I was so disgusted that I sprayed the room down with Lysol and had to use my own blanket and towel. I will never stay here again nor any other Super 8! Just a
dirty skanky motel! Was ready to just sleep in my car!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed February 9, 2012

The room I was given was decent....clean and bed was comfortable. Light in bathroom was very dim. My main complaint was I reserved room for 3 nights but left day early because I accomplished what I had to do and didn't need to stay longer. No one was at the desk early in the morning so I left my key on the desk with the others that were left from other guests who left that morning. I checked my credit card online and I was charged for the full 3 nights. The persons english was very hard to understand. I'm still waiting for this to be resolved.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for bringing to our attention your charges for the three night stay. I have gone back and credited your account and was able to contact you and advise of the credit. Hope to see you again on your next trip

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Just okie.. nothing big.. okie for the price... I suggest if you can avoid then do that.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2011

While traveling we often stay at Super 8 motels because they are usually pet friendly and only charge a minimal fee for the animal. But please stay away from this particular Super 8. The place was dirty, and the entire property smelled of cigarette smoke. The carpets were a mess and smelled of mold. The electrical outlets in the room were falling out of the wall, which was a safety hazard. There was only one light in the entire room and the bathroom was also a mess. Thankfully it was only for one night and we put up with it. We would have left, but had a reservation and would have been charged anyway.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple