“Has it all”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Salem
Dallas, Texas
“Has it all”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Jennifer at check-in was friendly, professional, and welcoming. The room was very large, clean, and quiet. Plenty of outlets for phones, computers, and iPads.
Breakfast was very satisfactory. Nearby, walkable restaurants covered most tastes and budgets. Convenient to I 81. Would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The good things: good breakfast that is free, Walkable to Kroger and very good restaurants, clean place, comfortable beds, and pillows. Did not use the pool it looks good from outside, and fitness center looks good too. All the appliances in the room are in working condition. Internet is fast.
The bad things are: the tub was not holding water, the bed lamps are not working, no wending machine, front staff are not good( not rude but not pleasant either).

Overall a good hotel.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank mattemr
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Traveling with our grandkids, so the suite was perfect and the pool was a great experience after a long car ride. Very good experience and the price was great! Breakfast was good and we loved the blueberry pancake option.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
philadelphia
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I reserved a suite for 6. When I arrived, there was no bedding for the pull out couch. I called down to the front desk, and their response was "you can come down and get it" and I asked "can someone bring it up to me" and their response was "you will have to come down and get it". When I got to the front desk there was a crowd of people around the front desk and it appeared that a guest had pulled up a chair to talk to the person working at the desk. When I received my bedding there were no pillows. I asked for pillows. The response I received was "there are enough pillows in the room". The person seated at the front desk said, "You can have some of my pillows, I have plenty"; which I ignored because I don't think I should have to accept pillows donated from another guest. There were two pillows for for four persons in the room, but not the standard two pillows per guest. In general, I was very unhappy with the attitude demonstrated by the front desk staff member; as it was not helpful and accommodating like any other hotel I have stayed at in the past. If I book a room for six, I think I deserve to have bedding and pillows for six guests in my room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank esherret
cssalem, General Manager at Comfort Suites Salem, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
I am sorry that your recent stay with us was not a great one. I do apologize for that. We so not keep sheets for the pullout sofa in the room to ensure our guests that the sheets are clean. We had one person on the desk and they must have been busy at the desk to not have brought the sheets up to you and I do apologize again for that. We strive to satisify every guest and I can assure you if you give is another chance you will see.
l1i2s3a
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Highly recommend this hotel. We had a 2 queen bed suite. Very spacious. Sparkling clean. Love the way they use no comforters or spreads. Very crisp linens. The bathroom was the cleanest we have seen in any hotel we have stayed in the last 3 months…..so refreshing. They even had a nice touch of a rubber ducky in the tub.

The visit was not without issues..but nothing that unbearably uncomfortable. The A/c wasn't working in the lobby. We noticed right away and inquired. The A/C was out downstairs and they were working to get it fixed. Im sure they have it fixed by now. The TV in the room is a little small…but seriously..the cleanliness of the room far out weighs any complaint I would have about the size of the TV.

The attendent was very pleasant. We register very quickly. The breakfast could have been better…square flavorless eggs and pastries that just didn't seem fresh. The sausage was nicely lean. And, my son always enjoys his waffle. The fruit selection was not appealing..under ripe and no bananas. Coffee was good.

Room Tip: We were able to book the 2 queen suite for the same price as 2 queens. Loved the space.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank l1i2s3a
We are thrilled that you had a wonderful stay with us. We truly love reading feedback from guest like you! We hope we can serve you in the future. Safe travels!
Salisbury, MD
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is very nice HOWEVER, the AC is not on in the lobby OR the pool area. It's like a sauna. Also, the eco friendly rooms take forever to cool down. In each of the three rooms we have we turned the themistat down as soon as we entered the rooms. After 4 hours two of the rooms still weren't cool. This is day 1 of our stay here. I will rate this hotel each of the 3 days we are here. I hope the manager that appears to be very hard to locate sees this while we are here. We will be asking for a discount for our discomfort for each of the 3 rooms that we paid $100+ for if it doesn't get any better.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Red House, West Virginia
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Our stay was great. Even though it was last August, we still talk about how great it was. Highly recommend to anyone traveling I81. Large selection of restaurants close by, many within walking distance. Great staff! Will stay again if in area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem
#6 of 13 in Salem
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Comfort Suites Inn at Ridgewood Farm
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke

Been to Comfort Suites Salem? Share your experiences!