“great customer service”

Comfort Suites Inn at Ridgewood Farm
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days a week for 13 weeks, so I was able to see the staff in all kinds of situations. I wouldn't have considered staying anywhere else while I was in Salem. Thank you
Heather, your kindness and attention to detail was greatly appreciated, you are one of the reasons I kept coming back...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 208Linda
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Inn at Ridgewood Farm

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Got caught in a surprise snow storm and decided to stop here, Great choice in a beautiful location! Delicious, free breakfast. Quiet hotel.Liked it so much we would consider coming back here for a visit instead of passing through.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed here on business for one night. Decent rate, but not a great deal. Good fast WiFi supports streaming video, Skype video, NetFlix, etc. Clean, fresh-smelling bed linens appeared to be almost new. Lots of AC outlet locations for chargers, computer plug in. Nice young lady behind the counter.
Couple of cons:
One thing that just didn't fit was the TV. They have nice, large Flat-screen TV's, but the cable feed in the rooms is std. definition and old aspect ratio. So the picture sits in the middle of the screen with a large, unused black border around it, looking just like the old TV they took out probably last year. They need to upgrade their cable service to match the nice TV they have in the rooms.

Secondly, the fitness room was missing a treadmill! Go figure. They had an eliptical device and a weight machine, but no treadmill. Hopefully, they will reconsider this omission and get one in there for business people. Not everyone can lift weights to get their heart rate up, right?

Ceilings seemed a little "thin", since I could hear the guy upstairs when he took a leak.

Bottom line: Place is OK, but better values from Choice exist in the same area. Probably won't use this property unless they get a treadmill.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is the 3rd year in a row that we have stayed at this hotel. Every year, the 1st weekend in October, there is a VA Goldwing Rally in Salem. First two years this hotel was 'good.' This year, it was not good. Upon arrival at 3:30 on a Thursday, we were assigned room 118. We took our luggage to the room to discover the room was 'stripped.' No sheets, no blankets, no towels, etc with door open so we concluded room was being cleaned. We took our luggage back to our vehicle and returned to desk, told the clerk about the room and she said, 'it'll be ready sometime today.' Like maybe when we're ready for bed or what? We left to attend the rally functions. When we returned at 9pm we again lugged our luggage downstairs. Upon opening the room door, we found the room in the exact same state: no linens, etc so we dragged our stuff back upstairs. When we told the clerk, she was like, 'oh, well, let me find you another room.' We were given room 307. This room was fine (it had sheets and linens so we weren't complaining.) The ice machines on all floors were not working. On Saturday, we left our room at 11am and returned at 3pm. Due to bad weather we had decided to check out early so we returned to the hotel to get our luggage. Our room had not been cleaned. We took our luggage to our vehicle and went to check out. I asked why our room had not been cleaned and the clerk stated that a 'housekeeper had called in sick.' So I guess you just don't get your room cleaned when that happens. The clerk had trouble checking us out, stating she usually only checks people in, she called someone for help and eventually we departed. The hotel is conveniently located near the LewisGaleMedical Center and is next to a Kroger shopping center.

Room Tip: One with sheets/linens would be good.....
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TennesseeWanderer
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Top notch place. Clean. Staff helpful. They even provide a varying menu of eggs, omelets sausages etc for breakfast. This has consistently been a good place stay. One of the best Comfort Inns. It is a little difficult to get to their parking lot. A GPS is helpful, but it is worth getting to, and you are not faced with much traffic getting there

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank copper2003
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This hotel was the choice of traveling companion. The beds in the first toe rooms were dirty and the third room was a clean bed. At that point I didn't care that housekeeping was an option. I will not stay in this hotel again. The front desk staff was accommodating in finding a clean room. I stayed there 3 days and the room was never vacuumed, I was too afraid to open the refrigerator.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Marie R
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Can only post another review after 3months from the last review. I stayed here from 26th May - 24th June - almost a month

-The price is definitely very reasonable.
-The service staff were definitely excellent.
-The breakfast like mentioned was really good. ( But do make more changes to the choices for
special people like us who are staying for quite a while.. haha. )
- Room: Is not the top shape but I personally like the big comfortable bed. ( But I couldn't understand
why my company book a 2 queen size bed room for me when I am staying alone)
- I put do not disturb sign as I prefer privacy, but the room service people never fail to put the replacement toiletry by my door every 2 days.

Never oncce did I have any dissatifactory with the hotel, the people around, everything.. anyway roanoke is good

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
#5 of 13 in Salem
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem
Cambria Hotel & Suites
Cambria Hotel & Suites
#6 of 40 in Roanoke

Been to Comfort Suites Inn at Ridgewood Farm? Share your experiences!