Hampton Inn Salem East-Electric Road
$98
TripAdvisor
$74
TripAdvisor
All reviewslewis gale hospitaladditional parkingbusiness centerparking lotexcellent staythe blue ridge parkwayexcellent hotelsitting areagreat place to stayfront desk stafffresh fruitclean roomseasy accessstay there againcomplimentary breakfastoatmealconvenient location
Reviewed February 1, 2010

I am a business traveler who spends on average 2-3 nights per week at a Hampton Inn and love the chain. I have never been treated as poorly as I was at this location. The staff was rude and unprofessional right up through the manager. The parking at this location can also be a problem as their lot is extreemly small and your option is to park at the hospital next door. I would recommend choosing one of the other Hampton locations in the area.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank businesstraveler1313
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Staff member in the breakfast area greeted each guest in the room. Nice touch. Rooms are fairly basic but comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I stayed here for 3 nights because I had to go to Roanoke to take the bar exam. The hotels down near the Convention center were all booked, so I made reservations at Hampton Inn because I've always had good experiences there. I was not disappointed. The great breakfast every day made it so easy to eat before I had to go to the exam. It was not too far of a drive to get to the Convention center once I figured out the directions. And it was very nice to come back to the comfy hotel after each day of the exam and relax in a nice place. There are also cookies in the kitchen area every day. The bed was comfortable, the room was great, the staff was very nice. Wifi in rooms. I was happy with it.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Stayed one night in route back home. Stopped late at night and were received warmly. The room was very well worn, too well worn for my tastes. I stay at a lot of Hamptons and recognize that some are aging but you can overcome that with cleanliness. We didn't feel the room was terribly clean. My wife found hairs on the bed spread and the bathroom had an odor. I had reserved a one room suite with a sofa bed for our 2 kids (12 and 11). The sofabed was really only a love seat with enough room for 1 so we had to improvise our sleeping arrangements. This is probably semantics but it would be nice if that was clarified on the website. The toilet didn't flush well and at one point almost overflowed with no good reason if you know what I mean. All in all, we didn't enjoy the stay but I do want to compliment the staff that served breakfast. One lady in particular (I wish we had her name) complimented my wife our on kids and wished us well. Her kind words were a great sendoff. Unfortunately, until things are a little cleaner and maybe some renovations are done, I cannot recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank 2BEis2SKI
Reviewed July 6, 2009

We stayed for four nights to attend a family funeral. We were very happy with the cleanliness of the hotel, the decor, breakfast and the very pleasant staff. The beds were very comfortable and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple