“Don't judge this hotel by the outside!”
Review of Days Inn Salem

Days Inn Salem
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Salem
“Don't judge this hotel by the outside!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

When I pulled up to this Days Inn I immediately wanted to cancel my reservation. It would have costed me $70+ but I saw the motel style room entrance, dark exterior and empty lot and was a bit sketched out.

Then I walked into the lobby and felt a bit better. It smelled clean and the lady at the desk was nice- I asked to see a room before deciding and she was understanding. When I saw the king non- smoking room and how perfectly adequate it was on the inside I decided it was worth staying! She moved me to the bottom floor and I was able to park my car right outside my window.

The room felt very clean and the shower looked like it ha just been retiled. Looked like there was new carpet as well. Standard patterned comforter on bed, but it was very comfortable and had several blankets underneath. The TV was fine but didn't have a big range of channels. No big deal for me. ALL appliances worked.

This is my 4th hotel that I've stayed in in Salem, and I think it might be the one I will come back to. Best bang for my buck so far. Cleaner than the Super 8, and cheaper than the Holiday Inn Express and La Quinta (although both are lovely but too pricey for frequent visits).

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Kkurc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
newbury
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Cheery reception was the highlight... Cleanliness applaudable .... Rooms average bathrooms small and dated, TV's archaic but worked fine... However the price was right....a bit far from the interstate..... Most likely would try something different next time...

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank tomtravelernewbury
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My mom and I were traveling through Virginia to watch my college team play a couple of games and we spent the night here before they played at Radford. We checked in pretty late. The area seemed okay, there was a couple of random people walking around but I think they may have been guests that just felt like circling the hotel 4 times?

It was clean, smelled okay, everything worked properly. It's an older hotel so it's a little dated but regardless, a comfortable stay.

It was a great price for a pretty decent evening. I would suggest it to travelers passing through the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Carolyn O
Travelers also viewed these Salem hotels
Quality Inn
Howard Johnson Inn And Conference Center Salem
Comfort Suites Salem
Comfort Suites Salem
#5 of 13 in Salem

Been to Days Inn Salem? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Salem

Property: Days Inn Salem
Address: 1535 E Main St, Salem, VA 24153-4407 (Formerly Holiday Inn)
Location: United States > Virginia > Salem
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Salem
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Salem 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Reservation Counter, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Salem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Salem Hotel Salem