“Cool shop and nice cavern”
Review of Dixie Caverns

Dixie Caverns
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided tours through these caverns that highlight a large number of still-growing stalagmites and stalactites.
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Had a great time with the kids plus baby today at the caverns. The shop had a unique assortment of items. Staff was very laid back and friendly. Lovely caverns with breath taking moments. Tickets were a good value based on the fact that two of our crowd got in free and we had a discount adult tickets coupon. Glad we went !

1  Thank Kimberly M

Reviewed June 3, 2014

the guy at the front desk who said that he was the mgr of the place was and still very rude me and my wife was trying to ask him for some info and help and all he could say is that he has rules to go by. i understand rules but as a mgr of a campground you shouldnt have a i am better than you demeaner about youself. the lady pam with whom we have dealt with in the past is great and willing to work with campers. my advise to the owners is to remove this kid from his high horse before you loose alot of your campground bussines. and by the way the lady pam was on vac the day we stopped in. 06/01-2014.

1  Thank don t
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We stopped by on a weekend outing. We are glad we did. The cavern was amazing! We had a wonderful tour guide name Shaq. He was so knowledgeable and funny. I would suggest anyone on vacation or driving through with an hour to spare, stop by. You will love it!

1  Thank Tarshia S
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for someing to do to help in making our daughter tired for the 6hr ride home. Got to see some great sights and enjoy our time as a family. The guy at the front in store could have been a little bit nicer but was still professional.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This small out-of-the-way cavern is a GEM! My son, grandchildren, and I were treated to a tour by Preston-- a friendly, well-informed, and fun guide. It's not so huge as Luray or Skyline, but certainly worth the relatively inexpensive admission fee, easier to tour, amd not so taxing on the attention of the grandchildren or the physical abilities of the grandmother. (Although the first staircase is 50 steps, I was given plenty of time and lots of encouragement.) The granddaughters, ages 7 and 9, had a ball! This is a good family activity. And the gift shop is chock full of small items the kids could afford to buy with their small funds. The surrounding area was beautiful on a spring day, and we went to nearby Salem for lunch. I hope to do it again.