“Great visit at Burgh's Inn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Brugh's Inn of Salem
Ranked #2 of 4 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We spent two great nights in Jessica's Room when we visited Salem for a wedding. The other rooms were rented to some long term guests who were away for the weekend so we mostly had the entire house to ourselves. I used the nice screened porch for reading. The sitting room and library room downstairs were great with Direct TV service and reasonably large flat panel TV (it is football season!). There was smaller TV in the guest room. The manager/hostess did a wonderful job with a small continental breakfast of fruit and muffins. She would have done a full breakfast but we do not need that much. It would appear to be a 1920 vintage house so you must expect squeaky stairs.

Room Tip: Jessica's room has west facing rooms that will allow lots of snlight (and heat). There is small...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KenC_Knoxville_TN
bobbrugh, Owner at Brugh's Inn of Salem, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for your review. We hope you will come back and see us again!!

There are newer reviews for Brugh's Inn of Salem

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The Brugh's Inn is beautiful and well equipped. Every room has delightful furnishings, even the bathrooms. The entire place has a very relaxing atmosphere. The management is helpful and accommodating. The price was very reasonable for the high quality of the rooms and furnishings. I highly, highly recommend the Brugh's Inn.

Room Tip: I stayed in Jacob's room and it has a little balcony, a fireplace, and a clawfoot bathtub. I am...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Anne S

Thank you so much for your great review and kind words. We are sorry it took so long to thank you.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Brugh's Inn of Salem on our way to Tennessee and what a lovely stop it was. This charming house has been beautifully restored and furnished, so that the visit was a wonderful stopover. We were the only occupants this particular night, so we had the full use of the house, all for a very reasonable price. The bedroom was comfortable and elegant, with a lovely and spacious bathroom. The living room and den were so charming and the outdoor areas were so lovely. Although close to some main roadways, we heard minimal traffic noise and our bedroom was quiet and cozy. The rooms also had both woodburning and gas fireplaces, adding to its charm. We cannot say enough nice things about this place and would highly recommend it for any traveler or visitor to the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We were delighted with the Inn. The remodeled home is very comfortably and attractively furnished. With three gathering places, the Inn feels like a home with its living room, den and screened porch. It is great for all seasons. The bathrooms were well supplied. You can't go wrong with the inn. A car is nessary as one needs to drive to restauants in Salem, though that is about a three minute drive. Just as a note, it does have stairs so it's not for the disabled.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I booked two rooms for my family for Virginia Techs graduation, and it was the best decision I could have made. This house is so adorable, my sister and I were ready to move in for good. We stayed in Jessicas room and Jacobs room. Each room has a full bath and fireplace. My husband loved the direct Tv, free wi fi, and comfy beds. Phyllis and Bob were so nice. I've stayed in a couple b&bs but this one if my favorite so far!!

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank HokieDeb
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We were passing through town looking for a place to sleep and by chance we drove past this beautiful little B&B.
There are only three rooms, each with private bathroom, so the atmosphere is really intimate and cozy. The whole house is newly redecorated and it looks beautiful.
Our hostess served a delicious breakfast in the morning and was so kind as to let us borrow the kitchen so we could make our own food in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler26Denmark
Reviewed August 2, 2009

My husband and I had a wonderful visit at Brugh's Inn. Phyllis is a wonderful hostess, who went out of her way to accomodate breakfast for my food allergies. Our breakfast was fantastic. The inn is beautiful and the website pictures don't do it justice. We stayed in Jessica's room and loved it.

We are already planning our next trip back to Brugh's.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Comfort Suites Salem
#6 of 40 in Roanoke
Affordable Corporate Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem

Been to Brugh's Inn of Salem? Share your experiences!