Brugh's Inn of Salem
$90
HIExpress.com
$107
Fairfield Inn
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Brugh's Inn of Salem on our way to Tennessee and what a lovely stop it was. This charming house has been beautifully restored and furnished, so that the visit was a wonderful stopover. We were the only occupants this particular night, so we had the full use of the house, all for a very reasonable price. The bedroom was comfortable and elegant, with a lovely and spacious bathroom. The living room and den were so charming and the outdoor areas were so lovely. Although close to some main roadways, we heard minimal traffic noise and our bedroom was quiet and cozy. The rooms also had both woodburning and gas fireplaces, adding to its charm. We cannot say enough nice things about this place and would highly recommend it for any traveler or visitor to the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We were delighted with the Inn. The remodeled home is very comfortably and attractively furnished. With three gathering places, the Inn feels like a home with its living room, den and screened porch. It is great for all seasons. The bathrooms were well supplied. You can't go wrong with the inn. A car is nessary as one needs to drive to restauants in Salem, though that is about a three minute drive. Just as a note, it does have stairs so it's not for the disabled.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I booked two rooms for my family for Virginia Techs graduation, and it was the best decision I could have made. This house is so adorable, my sister and I were ready to move in for good. We stayed in Jessicas room and Jacobs room. Each room has a full bath and fireplace. My husband loved the direct Tv, free wi fi, and comfy beds. Phyllis and Bob were so nice. I've stayed in a couple b&bs but this one if my favorite so far!!

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank HokieDeb
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We were passing through town looking for a place to sleep and by chance we drove past this beautiful little B&B.
There are only three rooms, each with private bathroom, so the atmosphere is really intimate and cozy. The whole house is newly redecorated and it looks beautiful.
Our hostess served a delicious breakfast in the morning and was so kind as to let us borrow the kitchen so we could make our own food in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler26Denmark
Reviewed August 2, 2009

My husband and I had a wonderful visit at Brugh's Inn. Phyllis is a wonderful hostess, who went out of her way to accomodate breakfast for my food allergies. Our breakfast was fantastic. The inn is beautiful and the website pictures don't do it justice. We stayed in Jessica's room and loved it.

We are already planning our next trip back to Brugh's.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple