“Not a great stop”

Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Ruther Glen
Edinburg, Virginia
“Not a great stop”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Was traveling 95 S/B and decided to stop for breakfast. Was a Friday AM around 5AM or so. Not at all crowded. The sign says they want to seat you and I had to stand around for a long time before the server came out. Hope was the server for the entire place. She was very nice but spread way too thin. My order came with a Waffle, eggs, bacon and sausage. The bacon was the thinnest I have ever seen but at least it was cooked crispy as requested. The sausage didn't come out and I didn't see Hope again until I was almost done with breakfast. She retrieved it for me once I pointed it out. I haven't been to a Denny's in many years and wasn't impressed with this one at all. Won't visit one again anytime soon.

• Visited February 2014

Ruther Glen, Virginia
“Don't do it!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The staff is pleasant - no problems there. The food did not even remotely resemble the pictures in the menu. Seriously. Definitely leave any menu item which includes "steak" alone. I will never go back there. McDonalds would have been a much better choice. UGH!

• Visited October 2013
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Slightly Above "never eat there again"”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

2 stars is a stretch, but I've also told myself I will only give 1 star if I refused to eat there again. In Dennys case, we're close. I would eat there again if there was nothing else around.

My first clue should have been the fact that Dennys is connected to a large truck stop. My wife and I both ordered Moon over My Hammy. Looked great in the menu. But came out as a pile of eggs & cheese on very greasy Texas toast. I also ordered a side of pancake puppies. Also very greasy, and reminded me of something you would get at a County Fair. Wish we had just gone to McDonalds.

• Visited September 2013
Prince George, Virginia
“Who Would Have Thought...?”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We tried this Denny's because we were desperate for breakfast food traveling on 95 one Sunday. I couldn't quite coordinate my usual Trip Advisor map recommendations, so we landed here, initially to my dismay. I may have been to Denny's twice in my life...nothing memorable... I had somewhat of a negative impression of the chain in general. We were seated after a few minutes, because they seemed to be very understaffed with help to clear the tables. A few remaining tables had piled up dirty dishes. Staff was pleasant and prompt otherwise. I ordered the Waffle Slam. I enjoyed everthing from the basic scrambled eggs to the chicken sausage and add on hashbrowns. I expected the waffle to be doughy and tough, but it was very good. Pleasantly surprised with the taste of everything. I am not sure if this is location specific due to high traffic and food being fresher...more turnover being in a Travel Plaza? I can't say this is now a new favorite, but I would not be opposed to going to another Denny's in the future.

• Visited July 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“ok food for late night”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

There aren't many places to eat at 12:40 a.m.The food was ok,. The service was GREAT. The downside is the amount of truck drivers who use the restaurant as it is located in a truckstop!

Visited June 2013