“Very Bad”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ruther Glen
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Very Bad”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a night and this place proved to me it was a piece of crap! The staff lied about the pool because it was closed for years! We switched rooms 4 times because all the rooms were crap and weren't clean. The elevator smelled so BAD and the hallways were moldy. The location is terribble. But the hotel is going under renovations so if u dare to stay. The Quality Inn seems a lot nicer down the road. Do what you need to do

Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Woodbridge, New Jersey
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel is in serious need of maintenance. As soon as you enter the lobby there is a horrible smoke smell that just smacks you in the face.

The rooms are pretty filthy. The bed my son was going to sleep in had dirty sheets, it looked like someone had rubbed their boots on it and to top it off there were two large white stains on the comforter (I don't think I need to say what it was).

The bathroom had been updated but the towels had yellow stains on them.

The pool was closed "due to maintenance" but the paper sign was very worn so it looked like it had been closed a while. Not sure if I would have used it anyway, it was a very creepy looking pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank chosenfew321

Travelers are raving about these Ruther Glen hotels

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We had car issues and were sent to this town overnight while car was being fixed. They took us to a super 8 which was absolutely disgusting, then a Howard Johnson which was disgusting as well so we had to walk down the highway to this comfort inn. Very standard place, rooms felt like a Hilton compared to any other hotel in this area. Good breakfast in the morning, clean bathrooms, tv's however only had about 8 channels and the pool a little sketchy looking. I would recommend just driving past this exit but If you get stuck, don't stop at any hotel but this one, it's average but best in ruther glen va

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Arellis33
Suitland, Maryland
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I showed up to the hotel and the young man behind the desk was very helpfulin telling me of the different places to eat good service in all.The weight room was nice I was able to have a good work out with my 10yr old as the pool was awsome after the pool we had time to write a good review .when ever we return to kings dominon this is the place to stay :)

Room Tip: i like the room it was spacious with a couch cable and loves the bathroom it has a blowdrier it was...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Well i first called and go a quote on a room and then i arrived they said all those rooms are not availabe but what they didnt know was i was across the street fillin up on gas for the trip in the morning so i aske at the front desk wow that was quick and the front desk agent was like excuse me i told him i was across the street a few minutes ago and called for availablity and you told me you had plenty of rooms he looked at me with shock and then i told hm his name even though he had no name badge on . so dishonesty gets you no where with me , so i asked to see a room he told thats not allowed so i went out and got my husband he rented the room and when we got to it the bedspread was filthy so i called down to front desk to ask for another spread they told me they didnt have no more and have a good night so we proceeded to leave ,we ask to speak to a manager he is not available so we left and called and cancelled the card we use to pay cause he was going to give us our money back ,dont ever stay here if it was the last hotel on earth !

Room Tip: dont stay here keep driving or sleep in your car !
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank shawna p
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We had a coupon for this hotel and they would not honor it. The coupon was in date and the hotel was obviously empty. They offered us a smoking room that smelled BAD. Wasted out time, rip-off.

Room Tip: Don't bother stopping, they will not honor their advertised price.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Charlie B
Fort Payne, AL
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Hotel was in 70 range for weekend and 50 for weekday. Room was clean and bathrooms have been remodeled. At this price range I would have expected better though. The pool was dirty and did not look inviting. Bed was comfortable and hotel was quiet.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruther Glen
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 13 in Ashland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)
Days Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion
Motel 6 Ruther Glen
Motel 6 Ruther Glen
#3 of 6 in Ruther Glen
Centerstone Inn
Centerstone Inn
#3 of 5 in Doswell

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!