Comfort Inn
$60
$64
$54
$60
Motel 6 Ruther Glen(Ruther Glen)
$50
$48
Hotels.com
$76
$74
$65
$56
$73
All reviewskings dominionwaffle houseroom was cleantruck stopupon entering the roomquiet locationbreakfast staffnice breakfastoff the highwaynext morningup to datecleanlinessshampoovirginia
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This is a fairly typical hotel in this price range with a few exceptions: the management is very accomodating and tries hard to please. The rooms were clean and large, with some wear issues apparent but again in this price range acceptable. There is a Waffle house right next door, a gas station close by and a Denny's across the street. The walls are a bit thin, and I had noisy neighbors one night,which the manager quiet down. The second night the hotel was full, but quiet so must have been very loud neighbors the first night!

The pool didn't look clean--not a problem for me as I didn't to use it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I am very surprised reading these reviews. I in fact had a really good stay at this hotel .. my wife and I travel from Canada to Florida every year and we always make it a point to stay at this hotel . Its clean , spacious rooms , Very friendly staff and a good breakfast all for a very good rate.They also have an indoor pool and a gym which my wife and I always use.

Looking forward to staying with them on our next visit.!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave R
Comfort Inn R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Dear Dave,

Reviewed October 13, 2011

I had an unexpected night added to a business trip in the area. The place looked OK from the outside (although only four cars in the parking lot at 6:30 PM) and even the lobby but I definitely would not stay here again. The second floor smelled like smoke, and the bed and sofa in my non-smoking room were filled with cigarette burns, smelled like a cheap disgusting air freshener (or port-o-potty). Black mold growing in the toilet bowl. Smoke detector missing with wires hanging out of the ceiling. I generally avoid hotels with permanent residents, especially permanent residents at the hotel counter that look at you like you have two heads if you say hello to them, this hotel has both. Should have checked Trip Advisor first....Maybe Choice Hotels should read Trip Advisor reviews and they would learn a thing or two about their franchised properties? There are other places to stay nearby, pass on this dump and the weird bunch that lives here, esp for the price. Oh yeah - the stairway smelled like body odor.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank InTooDeep

Reviewed September 1, 2011

This was by far the worst hotel we've stayed in. The room was awful and customer service was even worse! While preparing for bed sometime after midnight, my husband and I pulled back the bedspread and discovered dirty sheets! We were horrified! We requested clean bed linen and pillowcases from the front desk as well as remade the bed. The linen had not been changed in between customer bookings; however the bed had been made by housekeeping. We confronted the front desk clerk; however it was like talking to a brick wall. Also during this trip, upon checkout, we learned from another guest that the front desk staff booked his room twice and gave a duplicate key to another customer; whereby the second booking/customer walked in on the first customer. The front desk staff thought this situation was funny! The customer service was horrible. Word to the Wise.....NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: Tip......Stay away from this hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Momluv3us

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Did some research to find a pet-friendly hotel but also one (at my son's request) w/ a pool. After a 7 hr drive we were anxious to get settled & relax. At check in we were told no pets in suites & they had to downgrade us to a regular rm (less space). The rm had a gross, sweetish odor, dampness, mold? TV would tune in only 8 channels. When hubby asked at the desk the clerk would only acknowledge. He did not offer to do anything about & seemed to not care at all. We didn't dare walk barefoot in the room, the carpet felt "damp" and dirty. The wallpaper is peeling in places. One bedspread was stained slightly. And to top it off we did not dare to use the pool after looking at it. It is indoor & the water almost appeared to be "thick". We noticed condensation from the humidifier dripping down into it -yuck! Some may ask why we stayed-simply because it was late & it's not easy to find a hotel at the last minute that will take a dog. I slept fully clothed & am checking out asap. Oh, & too scared to eat the provided breakfast food considering the condition & lack of care regarding other aspects of the hotel. Bottom line-Don't stay here if you want a clean hotel room with all the amenities usable & clean as promised on their website. One work review = ICK!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family