“Good Lunch Spot”

Timbers Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Ruther Glen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Timber's is UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT as of November 1, 2012 While this restaurant has been around for quite awhile, it is now owned by Vito and Josephine Amato. Vito and I have worked in the food service industry for over 25 years committed to serving only the finest foods, made with the freshest ingredients. All of our sauces are made from scratch and every dish is made to order from scratch. We have always been interested in food, our other passion is customer service, which is the essence of food service. The menu at The Timbers has been refreshed and updated to appeal to old regulars and newcomers alike. Additionally, we will create two different specials per day. The restaurant also features a full service bar with happy hour specials. We would like to welcome you to our family friendly restaurant in Ladysmith, Virginia. Bring your friends, family, and of course your appetite. Buon Appetito!
Westbrook, Maine
“Good Lunch Spot”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I work near here and my colleagues and I have stopped in for lunch on several occasions. The service has been very friendly and helpful, and the food has been good. We have come in with large groups, and they have a private room in the back that they have used to accommodate us. The last time that we were there, they managed to accommodate 15 of us and a large preschool group having a party at the same time, and the service did not suffer. The prices seem reasonable, and the location is pretty close to the highway, making it easy to get to. A recommended lunch spot.

Visited August 2013

Ruther Glen, Virginia, United States
“Pizza oven is in!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We saw the new sign with "PIZZA" displayed and figured it was time to stop in again and see how the Pizza stacks up to others. The only disappointment was the Brick oven is not yet complete so we had to settle for a standard pizza oven. We decided to try 3 different pizzas and a Stromboli (photos attached). Our favorite was the Margarita pizza, but all were good. 3 cheese garlic and the BBQ chicken all had good flavor. The meat in the steak Stromboli was very tasty. All us us would order these items again. The crust was well done but just a tad and I do mean tad on the tough side. But this could be due to the late hour and close to closing time. This in no way diminished our experience. We are really looking forward to seeing the brick oven in action!

• Visited August 2013
“Rude Service”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and me went here on our 5 year anniversary. It was one of the 3 places in town. We were only here on a vacation. My husband asked since I left my license at the hotel if they would serve me alcohol and she said no. And I totally understand. But when my husband ordered a beer the bar tender thought she said two.
And she basically yelled out that I didn't have my I'd and she wasn't going to serve me. When I didn't even order anything. She acted
Like I was trying to get over on her and I'm well over age. It was just plain out rude. There was no reason to yell that in a restaurant and have an attitude. Another thing is when my husband handed her his Id and she was flashing it in the light to make sure it was real. REALLY. And to talk about your customers in front of them at at the bar is very unprofessional. For a small town with no business I would treat people better. I will tell family and friends to avoid this place.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank MHF098
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Awesome Food and impeccable service”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

There are not too many places to stop for an amazing meal between Fredericksburg and Richmond, that is not from one of the chains. We were looking for a place half way between and a friend recommended this gem! We go here often, as the food is delicious with lots of succulent choices! Clams in white sauce, glazed salmon, crab cakes, or their burgers or wraps...you can't go wrong~

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Robertoisfun
Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Great Food”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The restaurant was nice and clean atmosphere, Quiet and the food was great. I have a Steak cooked just right...medium well...The fresh made potato chips was just delicious and the mixed drinks were just right on the spot. Our server was great, pleasant and attentive to our needs. Cannot wait to return and bring friends.

• Visited May 2013