“Nice atmosphere, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Timbers Restaurant

Timbers Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Ruther Glen
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Timber's is UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT as of November 1, 2012 While this restaurant has been around for quite awhile, it is now owned by Vito and Josephine Amato. Vito and I have worked in the food service industry for over 25 years committed to serving only the finest foods, made with the freshest ingredients. All of our sauces are made from scratch and every dish is made to order from scratch. We have always been interested in food, our other passion is customer service, which is the essence of food service. The menu at The Timbers has been refreshed and updated to appeal to old regulars and newcomers alike. Additionally, we will create two different specials per day. The restaurant also features a full service bar with happy hour specials. We would like to welcome you to our family friendly restaurant in Ladysmith, Virginia. Bring your friends, family, and of course your appetite. Buon Appetito!
Olney, Maryland
“Nice atmosphere, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had dinner here the other night with our two teenagers, and all four of us enjoyed the meal. The crabcake sandwich was good, and the kids seemed to like the chicken tenders. The portions were not very big, but the prices were also not too high. All of the staff were very friendly, and the decor was nice. We'll come again next time we're in the area.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank amy r

Virginia
“Overpriced. Not Good.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Worst experience there ever - last night (3/3). We have attempted this restaurant three times since the 'new ownership' took over. This restaurant is basically always empty. Considering it is one of two restaurants in the area -that's not a good sign. We had not gone in ages but the 'new ownership' sign drew us in. First time January 2013, food was mediocre and noticed it was kind of high but out with friends so didn't take too much notice. Went again as a family and noticed the food was still not good - service was bad - and it was overpriced. So why did we go last night? Desperation! There really isn't anything around. But never again. We ordered 'light'. Two children's spaghetti dishes. One appetizer (small) of toasted ravioli. One small sandwich and one salad. $50 before tip! They are advertising a steak for $25 as the special. Why? I might have to drive to Outback 20 miles away but I can certainly get a better steak there for half the price (I should point out - this was hubby's dinner on second visit - full of fat - impossible to chew - no apologies from the kitchen). So, the kids spaghetti and meatballs is $6.95 with drink (a coke here is $2.95!!) and oreos. Don't know what they look like because our three visits never included oreos. So - my kids don't want sauce or meatballs. They want plain spaghetti with butter and sprinkle cheese. What happens on the bill? Well - she charges us for two adult spaghettis ($8.95) and $2 additional for the cheese!! I was like seriously???!! So she went and changed it to two children's spaghettis. Came back. Still charged for their drinks. And the cheese!! I said their drinks are supposed to come with the meal. She was obviously getting miffed - and she said she'd change that - and I said, what about the cheese? They wanted sprinkle cheese - you put a piece of provolone on it - and one child didn't even eat it because it wasn't what she wanted! She came back again. Took off the price of ONE cheese and their drinks. But it was a fight the whole time. That made the dreadful food all the worse. Because really, when you go out to eat - you do have some sort of expectation of a tasty meal and a smile. You don't expect to return the check three times. Charging $2 for one slice of provolone cheese (unrequested I might add) yet we didn't want the sauce OR the meatball so somewhere along the line, you'd think a little butter and sprinkle cheese would decrease the cost if anything NOT increase it. $2 seriously - for a slice of provolone cheese on top of buttered spaghetti? Who would even eat that? My small eggplant sandwich came with the melted provolone for $7 - hubby's salad had huge chunks of lettuce - white in color I might add. Someone should take the time to chop the salad properly. And it was supposed to be a Greek salad. It was lettuce, tomato, some feta, served with oil and vinegar. She huffed he didn't get chicken over it when we placed the order. Daughter who ordered the toasted raviole said they were icky. She also placed four garlic knots on the table. After the food the was served. Very strange. Just don't go. Take my advice. It isn't worth sitting around the next day wondering why you bothered to go in the first place.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Lori F
Ruther Glen, Virginia, United States
“Back again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Back again to look over the new menu. The food was great again! The new menu is nice, more Italian offerings. The new pizza oven is in, but not hooked up as yet (permits are holding things up). A new name may be in the works but I'm told it is very expensive to change all the signage. The owner is planning slow and steady changes. Give it a try, you will be glad you did! Oh, I was told they are doing Sat. and Sunday buffet breakfast now. I'm not much of a breakfast person, so someone else will need to review the buffet.

• Visited January 2013
Ruther Glen, Virginia, United States
“The "NEW" Timbers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

The "New" Timbers under new management can only get better by doing one thing (and they are already on it), and that is a menu with expanded offerings. On our visit they indicated the menus were printed and on the way. If you don't already know, the owners of Romas in Bowling Green took over and right now Vito (the owner) is in the kitchen. And boy did he do a great job! There were 5 of us and we had: 3 different burgers, a chicken wrap, a steak sub. We had the chicken Quesadilla appetizer. All was perfect. Even the fries and onion rings were without complaint. I really don't know how it could have been better. Their take on coleslaw (with cranberries) was different and refreshing. Vito came to the table and indicated a pizza oven was in the works (with brick I might add), and I begged him to make sure a Margarita pizza would be offered. Our sever was from the old Aunt Sara's that closed down and she could not have been more wonderful and helpful. Let's all hope the standards never drop! We will be back soon!

• Visited December 2012
Beaverdam, Virginia
“Perfect - Every Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Huge Fan of this restaurant. When I moved to Ladysmith one of my concerns was the lack of dining...until I found The Timbers. I have eaten here many, many times and have never had a complaint and I am very picky where restaurants are concerned. I grew up in my grandma's restaurant and I have very high expectations. The servers are very nice and they stay on top of things. I have always gotten exactly what I have ordered, exactly the way I ordered it. I would highly reccomend the filet mignon (they can cook it perfect and it's the biggest 6oz filet I have ever seen, shrimp and scallop divolia or the crabcake sandwich. The burgers and subs are also great! The owner is a very nice man and really knows how to make his guests feel welcome. The restaurant (and bathrooms) are always clean and tidy. This is a great find in Ladysmith, VA. Well worth it if you live in the area of come by on 95!

• Visited November 2012