“Dirty Room, Dirty Sheets, Dirty Bathroom”

Super 8 Ruther Glen Kings Dominion Area
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Ruther Glen
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I had to take an emergency road trip to see a sick family member. We drove all night until about 1 am and then stopped at a rest area and decided to spend the night. I called ahead and made a reservation and then went to the hotel. When I arrived to check in I was told I didn't have a reservation and if I did, it was for the next night. I had to repeatedly ask the gentleman behind the counter if the confirmation number I was provided would help him locate my reservation. After about 15 minutes the man finally took my confirmation number and was able to find my reservation. We were assigned room 203. The room was a standard room with two queen beds, it was very dingy and dark. The door to the bathroom did not close. The floor of the bath tub was black and there was a ring around the toilet bowl. When we went to go to sleep and pulled back the covers there appeared to be a large urine stain on the sheets. Lucky there were two beds so we slept on the other bed on top of the covers. If we were not so exhausted we would have left and found another hotel. We slept for about 4 hours and then left. The worst part is I spent $100 for the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle V

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was one of the most wonderful experience involving staying away from home. We stayed two nights and it was great. The owners were very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and the area was quiet. We were really impressed. Will definitely keep them in mind next year when vacationing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Rishi B, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Ruther Glen Kings Dominion Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thanks For Give Us Good Serve.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was a last minute travel decision due to weather conditions. The shower was filthy. The carpet felt wet and our clothes stayed damp?!? The ac did not help with the humidity. The door did not seal the room well and I imagined critters entering the room. I did find a bug on the bathroom floor in the morning. The bed was surprisingly comfortable but we didn't use the sheets or blankets...they felt damp and seemed gross. For $60 this hotel does not rate!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 28, 2013

guests in adjacent room emptied trash from car onto parking area and it remained there . bathroom requires work and better cleaning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The bathroom was dirty, only one towel and continental breakfast was an understatement but otherwise I at least got to rest my head. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Ruther Glen Kings Dominion Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Ruther Glen Kings Dominion Area

Address: 24011 Ruther Glen Rd, Ruther Glen, VA 22546-3418 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Richmond - Kings Dominion)
Location: United States > Virginia > Ruther Glen
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Ruther Glen
Price Range: $44 - $59 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Ruther Glen Kings Dominion Area 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone and TripOnline SA so you can book your Super 8 Ruther Glen Kings Dominion Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Ruther Glen