“A satisfactory experience”

Super 8 Ruther Glen Kings Dominion Area
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Ruther Glen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
South Chatham
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The room was adequate for a road side motel. Located adjacent to gas and food, First room had a bad TV. Changed rooms and found the coffee maker did not work in the am. The Breakfast was very limited with stale bread for toast., real cheap prepackaged sweet rolls and waffle maker.( Had basically the same breakfast the previous morning at a Red Roof Inn. Both white and wheat bread was fresh, Coffee area appealing. Biscuits and sausage gravy was hot ) Area was not inviting and took coffee to go.. Would not use this motel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Rishi B, Manager at Super 8 Ruther Glen Kings Dominion Area, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank for stay in super 8 in Ruther glen. I am under stand your question but super 8 have only complementary breakfast. Thary are not upgred yet hot breakfast . Future super 8 get a hot breakfast stay withe us in future.
WYNDMOOR
Reviewed November 6, 2012

the breakfast food was horrible there was no coffee, the food was stale, the room itself was ok, the rugs were gross

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Ruther Glen hotels

MARIETTA
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Sign entering the lobby states, "shoes and shirts required" yet manager was walking around in bare feet. Breakfast opens at 6. Arrived in the lobby at 6:30 and the doors were locked, no fruit available, not sure if the milk was fresh. I wasn't sure I even wanted to sleep in the bed, the sheets were either stained or just dirty. Shower pressure was okay but the bathroom looked and felt dirty. Not all television stations came in clear and you can really hear the traffic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed September 23, 2012

After this experience we will never stay in any Wyndham properties ever again.
Don't they ever send reps. to police these properties?
The first thing that greeted us upon arrival to our room was a large trash can with partially eaten food topped with an old pillow.
This remained outside our door our whole stay.
The second thing we notice upon entering the room was the stains and burn holes in the bed spread.(this was a "no smoking" room).
Under the bed spread was a blanket with matching stains and burn holes.
Under the blanket was a small sheet, not a fitted sheet, that didn't quite fit the bed.
Although we arrived an hour after check-in time there were no towels in the room.
The first thing we wanted after a long drive was a shower before dinner.
We waited an hour after contacting the desk and finally I visited the office to advise them we were leaving if we couldn't get towels.
The person behind the desk spoke very little English and just stood there smiling.
The maid happened to be in the room and told me I was impatient.
After an unpleasant discussion, I was able to procure some towels.
After a shower, the television was turned on and the snow was so bad that none of the channels were watchable.
WiFi is advertized but we were unable to connect to it.
The bathroom door squeaked as if the hinges hadn't been oiled since the place was built.
Morning couldn't come soon enough.
Upon exiting our room we noticed what appeared to be feces smeared on the mattress that had been exposed by the ill fitted sheet.
This was the direst, most disgusting hotel we've ever stayed in.
Before staying in this dump, consider camping out in the woods nearby .

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel two nights for the Labor day weekend. Boy did I make a mistake. I should have read the reviews first. When I finally arrived after seven hours of night driving the clerk gave me attitude while checking in. The room stunk, the bed was very small and uncomfortable, the carpet was filthy and the decor was from the 80s. The wall are very thin. I hear the guest in the next room having relations. There was a wasp flying near the bathroom and the sink Sunday morning so I wanted a different room because I didn't want me or my family to get stung. The manager didn't want to give me a different room until 11am I made it very clear I wasn't going to wait. The second room was in the same shape. Washclothes and towels were dingy and had hair on them. The ice machine was moldy! Do not stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel. I wish I had paid a few more bucks at elsewhere. The only good thing abou...