Comfort Inn(Ruther Glen)
$72
$46
Motel 6 Ruther Glen(Ruther Glen)
$50
$76
Country Inn
$72
$71
All reviewsroom was cleanwould stay here againone nightmotelashlandwifi
Reviewed March 14, 2015 via mobile

But no more then that I would say. Office had an odd smell to it air was stale almost. We drove over 8 hours from MA to VA (on our way to SC) this was about our half way point. So we had planned to just stop for the night and hit the road again early the next morning. Check in is at two. Okay great because the Web site said 3 and we got there just after 2pm. We're given a room when we opened the door it looked like someone was still staying in it. House keeping has not yet finished the room from the last people that stayed in it. So they gave us a smaller room that was ready we were so tired we just took it. There was a large hole in the carpet, burn holes in the chairs, stains on the curtins and sheets. (Which is why I'm sleeping on top of the made bed with a blanket that I bought with me from home.),and just other things that make your skin crawl a little bit. I just really can't for 6am so I can check out of here. It really is a case of you get what you pay for.

Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2015 via mobile

This hotel was the only one in the area who didn't jack up their prices when I-95 got pummeled with ice & snow,leaving travelers to get off the highway.The rooms are no-frills, but are clean, comfortable, and have a frig, microwave & coffee makers.Management is also very kind. Our king-bed room was $55. You really can't beat that rate? I'd stay here again...absolutely.

• Stayed: March 2015
1  Thank Blaise H
Reviewed February 27, 2015 via mobile

After 12 hours of traveling the Econolodge is a very welcome motel. Beds were very comfortable staff was very accommodating. It's also pleasure to find a hotel that is pet friendly. If were in that area again would have no problem staying at the Econolodge.

• Stayed: February 2015
Reviewed January 25, 2015

Stayed at this Econo Lodge in January 2015. Great location near I-95, and near the Flying J. Nice staff, my room was clean, as was the bathroom. Clean sheets and towels, bed was comfortable which was great for the two hours sleep I was able to get.

This would have been an excellent place to stay had it not been for the loud booming coming from several rooms away, off and on, until 3:00 am. About the time I'd doze off, I would hear that loud BOOM, BOOM, BOOM.

I turned the tv and the heat up to try and drown out the incessant drone, but it didn't work. I thought all motels had what they called a "Quiet Time" - as in 11:00 or 12:00 pm until 6:00 am. I'd be very surprised if it didn't keep everyone in the place awake.

Other than the one negative, it was a good place, and I'd probably stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed at Ruther Glen Econolodge August 3rd after surviving a horrendous amount of construction on my way to Myrtle Beach. The employees were very friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable and clean. I was surprised how quiet it was, considering that it is close to 95 South. My air conditioner worked great, my bed was very comfortable and the staff did not complain that I was a little late for check out, since I was so exhausted from the drive. I would definitely recommend this place for an economical and enjoyable stay. It has wifi for business travelers and continental breakfast. It's close to a Denny's so I had a full breakfast.

Room Tip: This hotel has fridges in the rooms, so bring snacks and drinks with you.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo