“I was very disappointed in my most recent stay at your...”

Days Inn Ruther Glen Kings Dominion Area
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Ruther Glen
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was very disappointed in my most recent stay at your hotel. I have been a customer of yours for the last fifteen years. And not sure if I will continue with doing so. I have a medical condition and needed to use the restroom as soon as a arrived at the hotel and was forced to wait until I checked in an arrived at my room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 4, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

lets start with the room had a awfull smell,the carpet where dirty in need of vacuum ,bathroom dirty the toilet it looked like it was not been clean for months and the towel had yellow spot and pubic hair when ask for more towels lady at the lobby gave attitued. I will never recommend this place

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed here one night, 8/29/13. The location is just far off of I95 that it is nice and quiet. I got a ground floor smoking room as I requested and my room is right beside the pool! NICE. The property is a little dated, but you can't go wrong for the price. Got a free breakfast coupon for the morning as well. Game room in the lobby if you have kids! Met the owner, A.J.---great guy!! I would recommend this property for any weary I95 travelers! Oh, and it's only 6 miles to Kings Dominion amusement park!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The lobby was nice... looked like it was newly renovated. That's about it. On our way up the stairs my mom commented on how they looked like they were going to fall apart. Yes, indeed, they were. The very next morning the stairs were cautioned off and being replaced. Glad we missed that accident! I was in the room getting ready when Mom came back up the stairs and said that we were leaving to have breakfast elsewhere. There were absolutely no napkins available; kind of a necessary thing when you have a three year old. No, and there were no assumptions about this. She asked, and was told, "There aren't any napkins." Okay... So we are leaving and I forgot the diaper bag. I run upstairs (thankfully there are many stairwells) and I try to get into the room. Nope, this door was not opening. Not at all. The handle came right off. So annoying. I went to the front office to tell the lady, and she was like, "So you can't get into your room?" No, lady. I go out and tell Mom we have to wait for a maintenance man. Mom suggests, "aren't we going to need another room?" Oh yeah... Okay so I ask the front desk lady and she says... we'll see how long it takes. NO, we need a new room. So before breakfast we had to move all of our things from one outdated room to the next. The bathtubs looked dirty. The wi-fi was poor; I kept getting disconnected. Their computers, available for use in the lobby, were slower than a sleepy slug. Oh, and unless you just love Denny's, there are nothing but fast food places within a reasonable driving distance. It's about 30 minutes to the nearest place of civilization. 11 miles to the nearest grocery store. The WEEKEND BBQ restaurant on the corner, was closed on SUNDAY! THE END.

Room Tip: pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The people working there were very nice, the property needs some work, ands there was way to much furniture in the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are in serious need of some major deep cleaning. Even though it was a non smoking room, there was a big fat cigarette burn in the comforter. Breakfast in the morning was awful and cold. But, the rooms were super cheap.

• Stayed: August 2013
Centerstone Inn Doswell at Kings Dominion
Econo Lodge Ruther Glen
Econo Lodge Ruther Glen
#2 of 6 in Ruther Glen

Been to Days Inn Ruther Glen Kings Dominion Area? Share your experiences!