As a seasoned business traveler, I spend a lot of nights in hotels. Often, I stay at Best Western and this one rates as one of the best. It is a clean, modern property with a friendly staff and better than average complimentary breakfast. My business trip had me staying 5 nights, but I will return to that detail in a moment.
The property is new, and the decor is very pleasant. The rooms are comfortable, with comfy beds, mini fridge and microwave as well. It is pretty quiet, has a large parking lot, and has a small shopping center that surrounds it. Each morning they serve a complimentary breakfast with belgian waffles you can make, Jimmy Dean sausage sandwiches, cereal, yogurt, coffee, juice, etc. There is a Dunkin Donuts within walking distance and Best Western gets a fresh delivery each morning. The attendant does a wonderful job keeping the food stocked and the dining room clean.
As with every hotel, you have to take the good with the bad. Just a couple of things that can cloud the positive experience, that could be easily resolved. First, this is a non-smoking hotel, which is great, however, those who do smoke insist on smoking right in front of the entrance. The sliding doors open and you walk into the stench and and cloud of cigarette smoke, with the trash can holding about 300 butts in sand. It would be nice to have an area for those who insist on smoking with perhaps benches about 50 yards away from the entrance. Secondly, please be aware that they require a $20 deposit for each night you stay. I am accustomed to a $50 deposit at other hotels and fully expected that. However, they put a $100 hold on my credit card, for my stay in addition to the room being fully paid in advance by my employer. SInce I spent weeks at a time on the road, I budget for each hotel stay, as well as plan meals and expenses accordingly. After three nights at the property, (and no additional charges) I requested that $60 be released from my credit card. The assistant General Manager replied that she was releasing the entire hold on my card as a courtesy to me. On Friday, when I checked out, I asked the desk clerk if my funds were released, and she said there was nothing on my bill so she assumed the funds were released. The following Saturday, I was on the phone with my bank asking why they had not released the funds. They said they had not received a release from Best Western, and would require a signed document from them, faxed and then within 24 hours the funds would be released. So, another phone call back to the Best Western, assuring me they would handle it. It was Monday, (three days after I left) that the funds were released.
I would suggest that a $50 deposit per stay should be in order, and if charges exceed that, an additional $50 could be added. All in all, give it a shot, it was a nice property
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new 100 percent non-smoking Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Charlottesville - Ruckersville. We are conveniently located on Route 29, four miles north of the Charlottesville Albemarle Airport (CHO). With our location being 14 miles north of Downtown Charlottesville, we offer a quiet setting off the highway. Leisure guests will find the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville near popular area attractions: Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, James Madison's Montpelier, Shenandoah National Park, Monticello Wine Trail and the University of Virginia. Share the spirit of the Cavaliers at Scott Stadium or catch a concert at John Paul Jones Arena. As a guest at our modern hotel near Charlottesville, enjoy convenient amenities including free breakfast, on-site parking and Wi-Fi with every stay. Our hotel also features a 24-hour fitness center, business center and seasonal, outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Charlottesville Airport Hotel Ruckersville
- Best Western Plus Charlottesville Airport Inn And Suites
- Best Western Ruckersville
- Ruckersville Best Western