We stayed here one Saturday night instead of staying in Charlottesville (our usual hotel had no vacancies due to the Syracuse/UVa game that night). The price was right and it seemed like a good choice - until it was time for bed. The room occupied above us had 2 children (squealing girls) and 2 adults staying in it ... we know this not because we befriended them but because we could hear them as though they were in our room with us. We were patient; it was early enough in the evening that there wasn't a real reason to complain. But when the noise - a constant squeal, a constant sound of several elephants jumping around - didn't stop by 10:30 that night - we couldn't take it any longer. We called the front desk and apparently they were swamped checking in others who were also unable to find rooms in Charlottesville. We waited another 30 minutes and when the noise continued, my husband got dressed and went to the front desk. She made the call to the room as he was walking away. The ceilings are so poorly insulated I could hear the phone ring, I could hear the guests settle down, I could hear the muffled voice of the person speaking to the front desk on the phone, and then after the phone call was over, the noise resumed. It was almost unbearable.
The room was clean; the beds were comfortable enough. But there is no way I could recommend staying here again - unless perhaps the top floor has better insulation and the lower floors can't be heard. Otherwise - no. way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new 100 percent non-smoking Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Charlottesville - Ruckersville. We are conveniently located on Route 29, four miles north of the Charlottesville Albemarle Airport (CHO). With our location being 14 miles north of Downtown Charlottesville, we offer a quiet setting off the highway. Leisure guests will find the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville near popular area attractions: Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, James Madison's Montpelier, Shenandoah National Park, Monticello Wine Trail and the University of Virginia. Share the spirit of the Cavaliers at Scott Stadium or catch a concert at John Paul Jones Arena. As a guest at our modern hotel near Charlottesville, enjoy convenient amenities including free breakfast, on-site parking and Wi-Fi with every stay. Our hotel also features a 24-hour fitness center, business center and seasonal, outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Charlottesville Airport Hotel Ruckersville
- Best Western Plus Charlottesville Airport Inn And Suites
- Best Western Ruckersville
- Ruckersville Best Western