Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ruckersville
New York
“Service not so great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I arrived at this hotel for a two night stay. The room was spacious, clean and quite comfortable. When we retired for the evening we put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and removed the sign the next morning (approximately 10:30 a.m.). We left for the day and came back around 4:00 p.m. to find our room not cleaned, the bed was not made, no clean bath towels and the garbage still in the cans. When my husband called downstairs to the front desk, he was told that housekeeping had left for the day, and that we did not remove the "Do Not Disturb" sign. When my husband told the clerk that we absolutely took the sign off the door, he was then told the cleaning staff signed off on it. To make things worse, when he asked for towels and soap, the desk clerk told him to come down and get it. Approximately 45 minutes later, the maintenance man did bring up towels and soap. It would not have bothered me so much, if they only apologized and not insinuated that it was our fault. Not good customer service at all and I will not be returning to this hotel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KathySimu
jillianp1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. Could you please e-mail me directly at jpeatross@bwcville.com or call me at 434-985-1855 ext. 7800 so I can follow up on your concerns? Thank you so much for taking the time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fort Dix, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

From the time you walk through the front door the staff let you know they are there to please ! And they prove it. A really great staff. The location was perfect it was just an overall great experience .

Greenville, SC, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Very nice property. Very clean and comfortable. Check in / out flawless. Felt secure as well. Youngest clerk unable to advise of good places to dine in town. Breakfast experience could have been better. Not the best service from the staff; had to ask for butter, salt & pepper (only one shaker each for entire room), etc. Very unappealing and inedible eggs & sausage. All other items regular run of the mill.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

jillianp1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
We greatly appreciate your kind words regarding the service of our front desk staff. Usually, the guests are very pleased with the flavor of our eggs/sausage and I am hoping there were not any changes made by the food vendor. However, I will certainly ensure we follow up on all the items you mentioned. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve and we hope to see you again should your future travels bring you to the area.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This Best Western Plus is a nice property, and only a few years old, which is the "Plus" part. I selected the location because it is close to my destination and well north of the Charlottesville congestion. There is a Dunkin Donuts located a short walk across the parking lot, and the nearest Starbucks is about 7 minutes south of there.
The staff was generally nice on the surface. I tried to change my room to be farther away from vending, but the front desk attendant couldn't seem to make it happen. Minus one. The free internet offering was way below par. I asked the front desk and they said they would try resetting the server or something. It didn't work. A fair description would be: all but unusable. Minus two. I would NOT stay here again without testing the internet connection on SpeedTest first.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
jillianp1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We greatly appreciate your taking the time to review the hotel and provide us valuable feedback. I would like to follow up on the items of concern you mentioned, but would need you to contact me directly either via e-mail info@bwcville.com or phone 434-985-1855. I just need to get the dates of your stay and your name so I can follow up and reply back to you promptly. Thank you, again, and I look forward to speaking with you.

At Your Service,
Jillian M. Peatross
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We only stayed one night but were very impressed by this hotel. Very clean, tastefully decorated, breakfast food fresh and hot, friendly staff. I would stay here again when we visit our daughter and grandchildren in C-Ville.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Hotel is tucked away from the main route. So be careful you could drive right past it. Friendly attendants at the desk, fruit bowl at the desk and coffee avaliable. Nicely decorated, rooms clean, soft pillows and bed. Refrigerator, microwave and coffe maker in room. Had to leave to catch a plane so was unable to grab breakfast. Close to Ablemarie airport. Shuttle service does not run until after 6:00Am.

Ruckersville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have never sought out a Best Western to stay and this was my first experience and I was incredibly impressed. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful. The place was nicely decorated and comfortable and had all the amenities anyone would want...microwave, refridgerator, flat screen TV, free Continental breakfast, and free internet.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruckersville
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesv...
#12 of 35 in Charlottesville
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,295 reviews
Lafayette Inn and Restaurant
Lafayette Inn and Restaurant
#1 of 1 in Stanardsville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlo...
#1 of 35 in Charlottesville
Holiday Inn Express Orange
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte...
#15 of 35 in Charlottesville
The English Inn of Charlottesville
The English Inn of Charlottesvil...
#7 of 35 in Charlottesville

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville? Share your experiences!