“Good basic pizza and calzones”

Vinny's New York Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Ruckersville
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have eated at the restaurant for many years but went again recently. Ordered the spinach calzone and found it to be the same good quality. Lots of spinach ricotta and mozarella. Never enough red sauce. We had to keep asking for more of the tomato sauce as the containers they bring are a tablespoon full. Other than that no complaints. Thanks Vinny.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Ate here enroute to Charlottesville.
Pros
- it is somewhere the locals eat- this was obvious from it being a small town and there was still a 10 min wait.
- the pizza was good, and reasonably priced.
-fun decorations.
- good salad
Cons
- The bread sticks lacked flavor
- We were crammed in there- tables more cracker barrel style- so little privacy
-the service was poor- took them a while to get us our food and weren't super friendly.

nothing super fantastic.. wouldn't go out of my way to go back... wouldn't turn down a slice if it was offered me.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

2 out of my last 5 visits have me disgusted with a family restaurant who allows drunken slobs to curse up a storm and do NOTHING about it, disgusting people who are allowed to dine makes for a disgusting restaurant. Hey management I predict your out of business in 2 years unless you get rid of those scum bags. The food is great, the prices are fair and the staff is good but your going downhill fast.

2  Thank john_HRuckersville
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stumbled on Vinny's after my GPS led us to a nearby location that used to be a Dairy Queen. Ended up having a nice lunch there. Service was excellent.

1  Thank RichChrisNY
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband is a pizza freak, so after only being in the area for two-months, we've sampled most of the local pizza places. Vinny's hands down is our favorite around the Stanardsville/Ruckersville area.

1  Thank JaimyF