“worth stopping if you are in the area”
Review of Bogati Winery

Bogati Winery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We make internationally-styled wines with grapes we grow right here in Virginia. Our tasting room is located in Loudoun County in a repurposed apple warehouse.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Vienna, Virginia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“worth stopping if you are in the area”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I recently went to Bogati Bodega for the first time with some friends. We weren't even sure that we were pulling up to the right place when we arrived--usually the VA wineries have more of an entrace. This seemed like a house on the side of a road. Nonetheless, the tasting room was very nice inside and the staff friendly. It wasn't super crowded which was nice, and we loved the selection of music. Some of the wines I liked and some I didn't--par for the course. Many of them were a little sweet for me. Overall, if you're nearby visiting some other wineries, I would recommend stopping here and doing a tasting. I wouldn't make this my sole destination though.

Visited February 2014

Vienna, Virginia
140 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“amazing wine and nature”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was here with some friends on a wine tour. The wine was delicious and the staff was very pleasant. We came on a rather cold day but it was well worth the experience. Your looking at a good one hour drive if leaving from arlington virginia. Just keep that in mind if your planning a group trip. We tried the red wine malbec which is about 28.00 a bottle. I have to say it was amazing. I would suggest you pace yourself because their wines pack a punch.

some pointers...

A. Dress warm if you are going in the fall.
B. The winery is located next to local market so bring some extra cash and time if you come down here. They have lots of local items that you would pay extra for at a farmers market in downtown DC or arlington.
C. Bring your own food because they can be expensive. They will tell you outside food can be consumed outside. If it's cold I would just consider ordering off the menu.

The overall experience was nice and I would like to visit in the future.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Kevin P
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Excellent as always”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My family and I are wine club members here at the winery. When I first joined I did so because my daughter was attending a local college in the area and is a wine lover. We visit the winery everytime we go to visit her. I am no longer a member for her, but for myself. I love going here and the wine tasting never gets old. There is always something new to taste and the shipments they give us for being members are great. We enjoy a 15% discount on everything we buy and trust me when I say, we do buy extra. My daughter will be graduating in December and I am going to miss my once a month trips. Because the area is about 4 hours away from my home, I have canceled all other membership we have. I am don't know if I will be canceling this one though because my husband and I love the place and the area. I think it's a great get away and someplace nice just to relax and enjoy yourself.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank vacritter2000
Leesburg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Bogati Bodega”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

After dinner we stopped by the Bogati Bodega in Round Hill. Robbie Limon was playing. A fun time with the excellent music, dancing and wine. Definitely recommend both the winery and Robbie Limon. He can play anything!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank EVBarbee
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Excellant except for one thing”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My family and I visted the winery the weekend of Feb. 8th. We had an excellant hostess whose name I would meantion but Im scared she would get in trouble as the manager on duty was an idiot. The hostess was so friendly. She treated us like we were part of the family. She took her time to explain all the wines to us, while at the same time having to wait on others as there was no one else up front to help her. She was left alone to help all for atleast 25 minutes.

Most of the wines we tasted were great. When we got there, we had decided we wouldn't join the wine club because we were already members of several others in the area. After getting to the last sample of wine, the hostess mistakenly put to much wine in to two of the five glasses. Which is very understandable since she was left alone to handle all the customers as well as the fact that she was fairly new. (let me say by her performance, I thought she had been there for years.) A manager came from no where and started yelling at her saying, you gave them way to much. The hostess said she was sorry and the manager continues to yell at her (which the hostess took very well) she stated that we weren't going to buy a glass of wine because she had already given us one. The hostess continue to behave with the upmost perfessionalism and treated us excellant even though she was treated like crap by her manager. We didn't buy a glass of wine, not because of the hostesses but because the manager was an idiot. We did however join the wine club because the hostess really new how to sell her product. We are now members of the wine club and instead of buying the glass of wine, we bought two wine glasses and one bottle of wine.

To the hostess, thank you for your excellant service and for making are experience so specail even though your manager is a jerk. I would love to speak to an owner or someone higher up to let them know just how special of a worker you have in this young lady.

The winery from the fromt wasn't beautiful, but when you entered the back, it was breath taking. I would surely recommend that you visit this winery in order to experience something special.

Visited February 2013