“Very nice local choice” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Very nice local choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went for dinner with another couple. Sat in the smaller of the two dining rooms near the window. Very pleasant room, nice and quiet for easy conversation. Service was attentive; not overly formal. it was made very clear upfront that the kitchen and the bar was open to just about any request. Pretty much all bottled wine is available by the glass, and the kitchen was open to sharing of dishes, etc. My wife is not a fan of mushrooms and the filet was served with a mushroom sauce, so she asked the waiter how prevalent the mushrooms were in the sauce. He provided a small dish of the sauce for her to taste and when she ordered the dish, the kitchen made sure to leave all mushrooms off her plate. Very thoughtful service.

All of the food was quite good. We had two filets, (they might have been cooked a bit more well than the medium that was requested, so be careful there.) My pork didn't look that appealing, but was good, if not outstanding. The salmon was very tasty and well cooked.

I wouldn't recommend the banana bread french toast dessert...the bread was pretty dry and the caramel sauces was sparse at best. There are better dessert choices to be had.

Cost was reasonable for the quality of the food. Overall, a very good meal without driving too far.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Chief601

Leesburg, Virginia
“Fantastic Food and Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We went with a party of 7 to Savoir Fare and were very impressed. We were seated at the only table in the small lounge and enjoyed the very nice piano playing during our dinner. The meal was amazing with all but one of us ordering the seafood special of the day and none of us were disappointed. Great food, great atmosphere and great service, we will be back.

• Visited April 2013
Oxford, Maryland
“Surprisingly Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I went here a while back, so, when I go again I'll write an update. I was new to this area, and, as someone who lived in Manhattan for 30 years, my food standards are high and my expectations for a smallish restaurant in a little old house in a teeny tiny town in Virginia were pretty low. ;-) Boy was I surprised! The food was as good as I've had anywhere and the service could not have been better. It was summertime, and, among other wonderful fresh things, I had the most delicious cucumber soup I've ever tasted. My friend, who lives in Paris, was as pleased as I was. (He recommended the place.) If I recall, it seemed a little bit stark and quiet---like maybe they could have had some music on, but maybe I am wrong about that. I notice that many country places in Virginia are kind of bare bones, so maybe they like it like that in these parts. ;-) Don't get me wrong---it is tasteful and pleasant, I'm just saying. I saw that one reviewer here said she felt cold, and, truthfully, I would gravitate toward somewhere cozier, somewhere with a warmer ambience, in the cold winter months. Other than that, it was perfection. I love the way more and more restaurants in Virginia are using fresh local foods. You can really taste the difference and it will help keep our local farmers in business. I have eaten at many great restaurants in this area--it turns out you can eat very well in Virginia---but Savoir Fare is defintely the best. I hope they stay in business and I hope I have occasion to go back before too long. Last I checked they were open for dinner Wed. thru Sat., fomr 5 to 9 pm. Not sure if they still are open for lunch on some days.

• Visited March 2012
Round Hill, VA
“Should have come here sooner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We live about 7 miles from Savoir Fare and haven't eaten here until now. I can't believe we waited so long. The menu was compact but we still found it hard to pick our meals. And, when they came, the food was good - tasty and well portioned, Service was prompt and friendly. We will go here again.

• Visited December 2012
Berryville, VA
“Hearty cooking warms the soul!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I usually end up at Savoir Fare for our special date nights. The owner catered our wedding a few years back, so we've loved her food and service for years. I especially love how she sources local foods for some of her dishes. Well worth the trip - whether you're in the mood for a fruit salad or hearty meal. Love it!

• Visited July 2012