“Great Beer, food and service”

Devils Backbone Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Roseland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Beer, food and service”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is a great brewery - nice building, atmosphere and great service. The beer is excellent too! And the setting can't be beat!

• Visited April 2013

midlothian va
“Good Beer”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My group stopped here on the beer tour and had a nice meal and a few good beers. The construction of the building is pretty cool.

Visited October 2012
Virginia
“Some really nice brews.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

OK while my son was home from grad school I took him to several local breweries, his opinion is that Devils Backbone overall has better beer. He sampled eleven different ones and made notes on quite a few.
We drove from Chville and it took us a good 40 min. which was fine with us its a lovely stretch of road. Loved the setting and building itself, it has a great atmosphere. Now as to the service I can't really say it was good. We arrived around 2:15 pm, they weren't bust at all, maybe a total of 10 customer in the place. Our server was pleasant but very slow with everything she did for us, I mean really slow, had to wait at least 15 min for our check and we had mentioned we were in somewhat of a rush.4
Now, as for the food, it was good enough. We had their beer battered fish and chips which I wouldn't order again because the batter was not crispy enough for my liking. Then we also had
a nice smoked BBQ samich. Devils Backsone BBQ sauce is thick and slightly sweet, it was yummy and the meat itself was nice and lean. So in my opinion its worth the drive for several reasons, beautiful scenery, good food and some really nice beer. The cost of our lunch with the beer tasting of eleven samples for my son came to $37.00 with out tip.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Hummingbird112
Richmond, Virginia
“Always good times at the bone”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I always enjoy coming down from the Wintergreen mountain for dinner (and beer) at DBB. It was a warm night in March so we dined on the heated covered patio. Food was good, as we had BBQ and burgers. Sweet potato fries are good. Wished they still had ribs but otherwise all was great.

• Visited March 2013
Staunton, Virginia
“Go hungry!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

They do their own smoking here and the portions are extremely generous. A nice selection of beers and outdoor seating when it's warm.

Visited August 2012