“Neat Setting! Good Food!”

Devils Backbone Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Roseland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The building is great and the menu creative! We also enjoyed the drive there on mountain windy roads. The staff was very friendly and we bought some of their pub glasses.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We experienced outstanding service, our beer was fantastic. My only gripe was the BBQ smokehouse sampler cost nearly twice as much as everything else and the only good things on the plate were the smoked turkey and the beans. I won't even mention the overcooked miniscule slices of bacon, I almost missed them. Turkey so good, chicken so beautiful but bland/odd. I should have got the french dip or a burger.

A beautiful space, just fix the chicken and replace the bacon and the livery tasting sausage with the pulled pork that you wanted to charge me extra for.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

While visiting my Nephew and his Fiancé in Charlottesville, we drove out on a Saturday for lunch. Driving through the country you will find this restaurant / brew pub in one of the most beautiful areas in Virginia. If you are meeting friends or family make sure to make all your arrangements before since cell service is non existent. Ok, lets get to the service, food and the beer. They knock it out of the park on all three. We even purchased a couple of six packs to go! Like I state in some other reviews, bring the vegetarians since they will have a couple of items to choose from on the menu. If there is a wait for a table when you arrive grab a drink and they will have you seated very quickly.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Really good beer, nice atmosphere. Food is good. My only issue is if you are meeting friends, they won't seat you until your entire party arrives.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We wanted to line our stomachs before sampling the brewery's excellent beers so we got here in time for lunch first. Very nice menu, heavy on meat, but with some vege selections if you're interested. All 3 of us enjoyed our meals. Service was very good. A good place. Plus, you can just stay in your seat and move right into sampling beers.