Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake
$108
ComfortInn
TripAdvisor
All reviewspancake machineroom was cleanfirst floorroad noiseonly stayed one nightthe hotel staffsofa bedthe staff was friendly and helpfulbusiness tripthe breakfast areagreat place to stayfresh fruitwould definitely stay here againfree breakfastindoor poolmartinsvillecollege
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed here last weekend. The facility was clean, service good, breakfast was good, staff was pleasant and helpful, and the area was nice. Our check of Trip Advisor reviews prior to this visit had shown some concerns but we found none. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Nice size room with queen beds. Large bath with great shower.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Kathleen H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

I don’t know what to say but thank you for the wonderful words about our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and staff and are strive to make everyone’s stay a pleasant one and I can see we met all those goals with you.

Thank you for keeping an open opinion from what other guest commented about our hotel on Trip Advisor both negative and positive. I am glad you made the decision to try us and I can see you were happy with your stay. Hope to you see you soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I stopped here over night on a motorcycle trip. This is a very nice Holiday Inn Express, which like many of the brand has been recently updated.
We got caught in several down pours and were still quite wet when we pulled in. The receptionist invited us to keep the bike under the front entry out of the rain where they could keep an eye on it. This is always much appreciated.
My wife spent part of the evening drying out out wet riding gear using the guest laundry, which is conveniently located near the breakfast area.
Its inconvenient to walk anywhere from this property. We did cross the busy street (no cross walks) to get to Applebees for dinner though.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathleen H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for the great comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Rocky Mount, Virginia. As an experienced traveler, you understand how important a clean, comfortable room and friendly staff are. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations.

I am glad we had a place to store your bike during the heavy rains. Regarding our location, we are on the opposite side of the road but there is a stop light that was just put in for the safety of our guests. It is a short walk over to the mall area that features shopping, fast food and an Applebee’s.

Thanks again for the positive comments and if you are traveling through our area again in the future I hope you will choose our hotel for your stay.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The front desk folks were courteous and helpful. There was zero musty odor when I walked into my room. The room was spotless, the bed was comfortable, and A/C worked perfectly, the bathroom was spacious and the shower was lovely. The breakfast--while it didn't have endless selections--was more than adequate, certainly everything I could have wanted. Their coffee was especially good. I liked the fact that the room doors open to an interior hallway instead outside. There was plenty of parking even though the hotel was full. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Kathleen H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for recommending our hotel to others that are visiting the Rocky Mount area. I hope to see you again if you are in the area.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Comfortable and very clean. The furnishings are plain, but spotless. A great value for the money. The staff was friendly and helpful when asking for directions. The only negative was the morning supervisor seemed disorganized and flustered.

• Stayed: May 2013
Kathleen H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your most current experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Rocky Mount, Virginia. Our goal is to meet your needs from a clean comfortable room to friendly staff. I can see we came up a little short of a friendly staff during your check out. We will address this issue at our next meeting.

I would like to thank you for your most recent stay and I do hope you will consider using our Holiday Inn Express in Rocky Mount, Virginia if your lodging needs takes you this direction in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express May 3rd, 2013. This was our first stay at a Holiday Inn. We were down to see my brother graduate from Ferrum College, about 15 minutes away from this hotel. We had no peoblems with parking and it was free. The hotel staff was happy, pleasant, and helpful our whole trip. Our room was clean and our bed was super comfy. The hotel in general was quiet and peaceful. There are plenty of shops and a few food places to eat within walking distance, or a short drive. All in all we had a great stay, If I was ever going through that way again I would most def. be stopping here again. Thank You for the awesome stay!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Kathleen H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013