“Best in town--not fast good!”
Review of Ruth's Place

Ruth's Place
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Rocky Mount
Cuisines: American
Rocky Mount
“Best in town--not fast good!”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Ruth's Place is my place; and they all make you feel that it is too. It's home cooking--nothing fancy. But who doesn't want to eat your Granny's food still! Yes, I love my sushi and Korean BBQ, but I still crave home. The glass of wine is okay to come upon too in this venue. Not top shelf, don't want to mislead. I love the burgers (better than my Mom's), the fish, the breakfast, and sides. My husband can't get enough wings. They know his order down pat--all of the great servers and Ruth and Rex. I like variety. Everyone knows each other, so it's like eating with friends and family. At peak dinner time and after church, be prepared for the crowds--no reservations but worth the wait in Rocky Mount. Don't tell but a certain fast food franchisee owner is here as much as I am and my family.

5 Thank EnlightenedPalate

Wytheville, Virginia
“Great food ! Great value !”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Stop by in route back to Roanoke, all four of us had something different. Everything was great, and plenty of it. Wish I had a reason to go down 220 to eat there again.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Tim L
Ridgeway, Virginia
“Good Breakfast, Great Prices, Immaculately Clean”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We are very impressed and will stop whenever we are driving up to Roanoke. The place is immaculately clean. You could probably eat off of the floor. Food is good. Prices are great. Decor is cute.

• Visited August 2014
4 Thank Beth B
Rocky Mount, Virginia
“Great food and service”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I had the hamburger steak and it almost covered my whole plate. The service was excellent. Our server was prompt and came over several times to refill our drinks and check on us. It didn't take long to get our food and you could tell everything was cooked fresh.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank dhodges2
Roanoke
“Best home cooked meal around!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

The best place in the area to get a home cooked meal for a wonderful price. A huge variety of foods on the menu and different daily specials! The staff all seem to be extremely friendly even when busy. The atmosphere is a great family place to enjoy a nice meal.

• Visited June 2014