“Good Sushi in Southern VA? YES!”
Review of Ben Gui Sushi

Ben Gui Sushi
Ranked #65 of 470 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Description: Are you looking for top quality sushi at affordable prices? Visit Ben Gui Sushi and get Japanese cuisine and sushi that you would find in a big city. We serve Japanese Cuisine as well as Sushi, with an environment that is family friendly. We are an excellent location for business dinners, eating with your entire family, or just a stop for a quick healthy bite to eat. Experience the freshest product with plenty of unique twists to make each and every visit a pleasant one. We are also available for catering and private dinners.
Broomfield, Colorado
“Good Sushi in Southern VA? YES!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was really surprised by this place. A few of my coworkers had recommended it. I have had sushi all over the place and this is some of the best. I sat at the bar alone and the chef was very chatty asking where I was from. He asked what types of sushi i liked and from what I told him he made me a custom roll. spicey tuna topped with eel and avocado, delicious. I highly recommend this place and will be back again if I am in the area.

• Visited November 2013

Columbus, Mississippi
“Great Sushi - friendly staff”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had a great experience at Ben Gui Sushi. The waitress did a great job explaining their menu and guided me to select the 'Trust' sushi roll and the sushi salad. Both were superb. The chef created a great roll according to my likes, and made it extra hot for me on my request. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The price was a bit high, and the portions are not huge, but for Japanese food, this is rather standard. If you want quantity at the cost of quality check out a buffet... but if you are willing to pay a little more and not get stuffed, at the reward of having truly great sushi, this is the place for you.

• Visited October 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“No wasabi inside my sushi?”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I ate here only once for sushi lunch special for around $14.
Sushi had no wasabi inside; I never had this experience before.
This is same as having a hamburger without any condiments... (So much for being authentic!).

Selection (of sushi) reminded me of typical "grocery" sushi selection. One of the pieces was imitation crab meat- such a disappointment to see this being served as "sushi".

I was the last customer for their lunch hour; this might be the reason why but I did not see any chef at the sushi bar. My 8 piece sushi came out from the kitchen- something I don't want to see at a Japanese restaurant when I order sushi or sashimi, and something ANYONE should avoid.

I consider myself to hold higher standard for Japanese food.
This wasn't a disaster but clearly below average.
I won't go back.

• Visited August 2013
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Fresh, tasty sushi”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

A friend posted this on Facebook as one of the best sushi places in the area. We weren't disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
Deadwood, SD
“Friend folks and great sushi”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

The sushi chefs are a really nice couple. They know their customers and make great recommendations. I've tried some stuff I never would have and it's all been wonderful. They have lots of specials that aren't on the menu so you definitely want to ask. They're a little expensive but so worth it.

• Visited April 2013