“When in America ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Thelma's Chicken & Waffles - CLOSED

Thelma's Chicken & Waffles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“When in America ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my breakfast of chicken and waffles. Despite initial apprehension at the thought of fried chicken to start the day, I decided to just "go with the flow" and "dig in" to what the locals were eating. The chicken was perfectly crispy while being juicy on the inside and soooo tasty while not greasy.

The service was good and very friendly.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Leanne W

Portland, Oregon
“Decent food, veeeryyy sloooooooow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

This is a well-marked restaurant in a great location, with good food, but exceptionally slow service. If we had not flagged down our server, we'd probably still be there.... waiting for our check...

Visited April 2014
Centreville, Virginia
“Casual and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stopped in here yesterday and had a very satisfying meal. We went for the chicken and waffles....sounded good....but then I went with the chopped steak with onions and gravy and my daughter has the catfish sandwich. Both were good. The catfish has a nice light batter on it and there were two stuffed in the bread. I shared my sides with my daughter since it was just a sandwich and we didn't add a side. My meal was good. Loved the mac and cheese and the classic cooked to death green beans. The gravy on the chopped steak was a little salty and need a few more onions. The star of the meal was the cornbread. Wow! Light and fluffy and delicious! I wanted more!

Service was good and attentive. Atmosphere was okay....would have been better without the tv and wife swap on. Maybe a tv in the bar area, but in the dining room?

• Visited April 2014
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Yuck!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Just touching the sticky, stained menus says it all.Watery chicken and dumplings, tasteless vegetables and overcooked chicken. The waffles are ok, stick with them....

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Lora K
“Brunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Chicken was good but service and decor were poor! I have not been back, Roanoke has too many great places to dine!

• Visited May 2013